The Student Room Group

Aspergers - I just feel trapped in loneliness.

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I just feel so lost right now, and am starting to lack hope and motivation for the future.

I have just completed my first year at Uni and struggled so much with loneliness there.

I have only had a proper sit-down conversation with two people this year, and no one since February.

Please can you help me learn how to be make friends and feel that I am a cared about person.

I never had the best parents to tell me this, and did very well to get to Uni from my home - studying was the only hope I had, but at Uni, it is just so hard.

I feel that my understanding of this world is similar to someone from the Anglo-sphere who has just landed in the centre of Moscow - knowing no one, or no Russian. I just feel so lost all of the time.

Please advise me.
Did you contact the counselling service or student support team at your uni? I really feel for you. Don't give up, also try looking into social coaching for Asperger's in your vicinity on the internet.
I can only give you the same advice I'd give anyone
I'm sorry you feel this way
Have you looked at joining some clubs or societies?
If you join something you enjoy then you've already got something in common and something to talk about
It doesn't even have to be in uni. It can be in the local area
Have you got contact with the disability support office at your uni?
They may be able to offer some more practical solutions
I'm the mum of an aspie. I've seen it from an outside view
My son finished uni and is now working
Even now it's hard because he feels singled out practically everywhere
I hope it works well for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending