The Student Room Group

Finding a mentor Fdsc mental health practice

Hi there,
I am starting a foundation degree in mental health practice (at city college norwich if that makes a difference) and I need to find a placement and a mentor. Now finding the placement is fine finding a mentor is proving to be harder. The college have yet to provide me with much information as to what I need from a mentor for this particularly course, so I was just wondering if anyone could help me?
At the minute it's hard to explain to potential mentors what I will need them to do. Thank you
Original post by Tabbie008
Hi there,
I am starting a foundation degree in mental health practice (at city college norwich if that makes a difference) and I need to find a placement and a mentor. Now finding the placement is fine finding a mentor is proving to be harder. The college have yet to provide me with much information as to what I need from a mentor for this particularly course, so I was just wondering if anyone could help me?
At the minute it's hard to explain to potential mentors what I will need them to do. Thank you

The best thing to do would be to explain this to your course provider or tutor and request that they send you a list of mentor requirements. Obviously they would be required to assess you in some way, but without an idea of how much time/effort that would take, it will be impossible to get any placement to commit.

It is pretty ridiculous to expect you to go out and find your own placement and mentor with absolutely no guidance as to what would be required of the mentor.

Quick Reply

Latest