The Student Room Group

Is it legal to be sacked on 0hrs?

Hi all, just wondering whether u can be sacked on a 0 hrs contract? Is it legal or not? My mate was sacked a week or so ago, however as u don't have set hours of shifts, they can just my give u any at all, but I thought they couldn't sack you unless you resign to leave jay way? I could be completely wrong?
Original post by Flower_123
Hi all, just wondering whether u can be sacked on a 0 hrs contract? Is it legal or not? My mate was sacked a week or so ago, however as u don't have set hours of shifts, they can just my give u any at all, but I thought they couldn't sack you unless you resign to leave jay way? I could be completely wrong?

They can fire staff on any hours contract, including 0 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you, really helpful for ur reply!😀
Original post by Flower_123

Of course they can sack you. Whatever contract you are on (0 hours or not) you are still employed by them and if they have reason to sack you, then they can.
They can sack you but are more likely to just stop giving you work if you're on zero hours
As above, they're in their capacity to sack you with reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending