The Student Room Group

How can I improve my chances in finding a guy?

Recently I have realised that I've been unhappy for a long time, it's because I feel lonely. Any confidence I had, has been knocked down, due to me not feeling like myself and questioning who I am as a person because of an argument I had with somebody. I wouldn't say I'm ugly but I wouldn't say I'm a Bella Hadid beauty. I love making an effort with my clothes and makeup whenever I go out. My personality, well I think it's like a funfair, sometimes a boring ride or an exciting ride. I'm shy most of the time if I don't feel comfortable around a certain crowds/ new people.

I'm 22, never had a boyfriend and just want someone other than my family to care about me, I want to know what it feels like.
PM some TSRians or post a pic and let everyone PM you

Kidding, how big is your social circle? What is your attitude like, for example do you find it hard to open up to people? Do you flirt with people? Do you make efforts to hang out with people or do you wait for others to ask you?
Reply 2
it depends what kinda boy you search haha
Look no further you found one :wink: for real tho I'm lonely
I would honestly look into making friendships first and see what stems from there; whether it's a best friend or a boyfriend! Just approach people with the mentality that you want them as a friend, may also calm your nerves around that person making it easier for conversation to flow and who knows
Original post by Atillas23
it depends what kinda boy you search haha

Are you french?
Reply 6
Original post by PeachyPorridge
Are you french?

why
Reply 7
Original post by AndrewSCO
PM some TSRians or post a pic and let everyone PM you

Kidding, how big is your social circle? What is your attitude like, for example do you find it hard to open up to people? Do you flirt with people? Do you make efforts to hang out with people or do you wait for others to ask you?

My social circle is small, well I used to be a warm person and I personally think I'm kind and caring but recently I feel like I'm negative, jealous and just moany all the time because I feel like I'm unhappy, at this stage in my life. I can open up to people if I feel comfortable, to trust a guys hard because I always feel like they have bad intentions so I try to be closed off. last time I flirted with a guy it was a flop because he liked this other girl and I was not his type. I make people aware I love going out.
I know you're feeling lonely, but wanting someone to validate you is not a good basis for a relationship. Maybe try increasing your social circle and increasing your confidence. A relationship will come
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
My social circle is small, well I used to be a warm person and I personally think I'm kind and caring but recently I feel like I'm negative, jealous and just moany all the time because I feel like I'm unhappy, at this stage in my life. I can open up to people if I feel comfortable, to trust a guys hard because I always feel like they have bad intentions so I try to be closed off. last time I flirted with a guy it was a flop because he liked this other girl and I was not his type. I make people aware I love going out.

we guys all have bad intentions .That trust problem will create you more problems than you can ever expect.It is nice to be cautious but you should overcome your fears. You cant expect from a 23 year old boy to be loyal till end.
we guys all have bad intentions .That trust problem will create you more problems than you can ever expect.It is nice to be cautious but you should overcome your fears. You cant expect from a 23 year old boy to be loyal till end.

Fair fair, I think I need to bite the bullet sometimes and just go with the flow
we guys all have bad intentions

raas just cos' you're a bit of a F-boy doesn't mean we're all like you lmaao I beg you speak for yourself brother
Original post by Anonymous

Have you tried online dating/tinder etc?

Otherwise, it may not be a case of needing to flirt but just be approachable. A lot of the time guys will be cautious asking girls out so to encourage it it's good to not show signs of lack of interest. Things like sending dead replies or making the other person message every time. Or if you get invited out somewhere and say no. Just try to be as out there and easy as possible. If you think someone likes you even a little, make it easy for them. Message them and ask them if they want to hang out etc. You don't need to be the one to asking formally ask the other person out but make sure you aren't discouraging it for them.

In order to actually meet the guys in the first place... existing friends, go out with people more and meet friends of friends and new people, try and join clubs or talk to more people at uni/school/work. If you don't have a job, get one if you can, it's a good place to meet more people.
We guys lie to ourselves boy. that you are desperate and search for the only girl. AND when you got youuur only girl i tell you that even you will fear to admit to yourself that actually i was right. We boys are like a bees from flower to another flower. That is our nature and thats normal.
P.s and i am not f-boy i just say the truth
(edited 6 years ago)
i feel the same way
Original post by AndrewSCO
Have you tried online dating/tinder etc?

Otherwise, it may not be a case of needing to flirt but just be approachable. A lot of the time guys will be cautious asking girls out so to encourage it it's good to not show signs of lack of interest. Things like sending dead replies or making the other person message every time. Or if you get invited out somewhere and say no. Just try to be as out there and easy as possible. If you think someone likes you even a little, make it easy for them. Message them and ask them if they want to hang out etc. You don't need to be the one to asking formally ask the other person out but make sure you aren't discouraging it for them.

In order to actually meet the guys in the first place... existing friends, go out with people more and meet friends of friends and new people, try and join clubs or talk to more people at uni/school/work. If you don't have a job, get one if you can, it's a good place to meet more people.

Yeah tried tinder but generally a lot of guys I match, are looking for a shag, and that's not all I want so then I get unmatched 🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending