The Student Room Group

Can't decide which sixth form to go to?!!

I applied to study maths,biology,chemistry and history at St Olaves grammar school and The Tiffin girl's school and I got an offer and I also applied to Henrietta Barnet and I didnt get an offer but Im considering if I should try and get a place on results day.I am interested in studying medicine in university.I been to the induction days to Tiffin and St Olaves, but that hasn't really helped me make a decision.Can someone help, Im not sure what to do and I don't think I know enough about the schools to help me make a decision (I looked online for information and it's either unhelpful or outdated).
Reply 1
Check on your county council website to see the Ofsted ratings?
Original post by 2-99
Check on your county council website to see the Ofsted ratings?

All of them are outstanding.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I applied to study maths,biology,chemistry and history at St Olaves grammar school and The Tiffin girl's school and I got an offer and I also applied to Henrietta Barnet and I didnt get an offer but Im considering if I should try and get a place on results day.I am interested in studying medicine in university.I been to the induction days to Tiffin and St Olaves, but that hasn't really helped me make a decision.Can someone help, Im not sure what to do and I don't think I know enough about the schools to help me make a decision (I looked online for information and it's either unhelpful or outdated).

I have no idea where these schools are but I'm also having the same issue as you so hang in there. Your parents can actually be really helpful so you can look to them for guidance.
Original post by daniellezedomi
I have no idea where these schools are but I'm also having the same issue as you so hang in there. Your parents can actually be really helpful so you can look to them for guidance.

No,my mom didnt grow up in this country and doesn't know anything about the school system.I have only 5 days to decide.
Original post by Anonymous1502

Go to the one that is easier to get to.
The main difference between St Olaves and the other two is that it is a boys' school which admits girls into the sixth form - do you have any strong feelings about this? Academically, they appear to be much of a muchness.

However, they are all a long way from each other! Where do you live? Are Hampstead Garden City, Kingston and Orpington all equally easy for you to get to?
Original post by Isinglass
The main difference between St Olaves and the other two is that it is a boys' school which admits girls into the sixth form - do you have any strong feelings about this? Academically, they appear to be much of a muchness.

However, they are all a long way from each other! Where do you live? Are Hampstead Garden City, Kingston and Orpington all equally easy for you to get to?

I am not bothered if the school is mixed or if it's just a girls school.I live 1 hour 30- 1 hour 40 from St Olaves, 1 hour 15-20 from Tiffin and 1 hour and a bit from HBS.The distance does not make a difference.To me what's important is the environment and teaching quality and the school itself.Getting to St Olaves is a bit tricky, but if it's the best option for me then Im willing to travel far.

Quick Reply

Latest