The Student Room Group

To defer or not to defer

Hi I had planned to go to uni with my girlfriend and we were both so excited for it although unfortunately I got in but she didnt. Shes going to retake her exams this year and I'm unsure on if I should defer for the year, get a job and then start uni with her next year. I can see benefits of both sides as I don't want to leave her all alone and upset however I really don't want to work full time and wait another year for uni. Please help
Original post by ethaaaaaaan
Hi I had planned to go to uni with my girlfriend and we were both so excited for it although unfortunately I got in but she didnt. Shes going to retake her exams this year and I'm unsure on if I should defer for the year, get a job and then start uni with her next year. I can see benefits of both sides as I don't want to leave her all alone and upset however I really don't want to work full time and wait another year for uni. Please help

Your choice. Think its through. how committed to your gf are you? Worth a years wait? getting a job and earning money is a smart idea,

Is she very close and means a lot to you? Would uni be much better with her?
Talk to her and see. I would do either. Its still early days think on it. If you fo then it could cause a lot of stress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending