The Student Room Group

How to revise for history?

With History, there is so many topics to cover and I'm not sure how much detail I need to go into to learn and remember?
What ways are there to remember events, dates and facts?
Also, how do you develop your argument in an essay?
Sorry about all the questions but I will be grateful if anyone answers them.
Edit: I am doing AQA GCSE History exam 2018
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PurpleDolphin7
With History, there is so many topics to cover and I'm not sure how much detail I need to go into to learn and remember?

What level is this? GCSE? A Levels? Before GCSE? IB?

In terms of detail, as much as your syllabus suggests but if you like the subject and decide to read more deep into history it usually isn't a bad idea as well.

In terms of memorizing specifics, people use different methods. Methods that I've often seen used is making a timeline, recording yourself and listening to yourself playback while reading out loud, Making flashcards and brainstorm maps that link people and events etc... Use the method that works for you.

How to develop an argument also depends on the syllabus, different rubrics may want different things. Generally speaking, have specific thesis that isn't too vague that answers the question you are trying to answer. Then find evidence to support your claims (preferably a mixture of primary and secondary sources).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by PurpleDolphin7

There will be a guide coming soon for all GCSE/A Level students for all of the different subjects but the advice my fellow CA has given should help. :smile:
Im going into year 10 and history is probably my favourite and one of best and strongest subjects and personally i revised by taking notes and memorising dates etc. To memorise points i wrote them done and recited them wherever i went. For example in the morning i would wake up saying a fact. 😂Personally this works for me. In term of argumentative essays its best to plan your points beforehand. I also linked up certain points so i have a stronger argument. Hope this helped xxxxx💗💗💗💗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending