The Student Room Group

Breakup

Help me Please!! What should I think and do. I didn't get a chance to explain to him !My boyfriend broke up with me because he saw messages on his sisters phone of me and her talking about him. she's younger than me and me and her have been been getting close.

I spoke to her about our relationship problems twice and how I felt because I couldn't talk to him about it because we arent close anymore and whenever we have problems he doesn't help to solve them anymore. He is verbally abusive sometimes and I told his sister.

He was externally angry about the messages and said I was trying to split their family apart. And how I'm trying to make him look bad to his family.

He was the love of my life and now he broke up with me because of this.

He said he don't need this negativity in his life he has stuff to focus on.
Prior to this the same day we had an argument.
I didn't have no one to talk to about our problems and he didn't want to talk to me when we had problems he would ignore so I went to someone's who's close to him for help.

Was I wrong for this. Did I deserve to be dumped by the love of my life.

I feel sick and can't eat or don't want to go out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hm, I guess I can see where he is coming from, to an extent. Although I do know many people who confide in the siblings of their partners about issues they are having within the relationship. I guess because the both of you have only just started to become closer, he couldn't understand why you were talking negatively about the relationship to her of all people. Even though I can see it from both sides, I think breaking up may have been an overreaction... Maybe the issues you have been having have now snowballed and a small excuse such as confiding in his sister about your issues was just an excuse to leave. People do irrational things at times and maybe going forward, just be sure to mention the fact that you spoke to his sister about an issue you both were having so he isn't blindsided by it.

If it was just an overreaction, I'm sure he will come back. Sit tight and just give him some space.
Original post by Magicphilos
Hm, I guess I can see where he is coming from, to an extent. Although I do know many people who confide in the siblings of their partners about issues they are having within the relationship. I guess because the both of you have only just started to become closer, he couldn't understand why you were talking negatively about the relationship to her of all people. Even though I can see it from both sides, I think breaking up may have been an overreaction... Maybe the issues you have been having have now snowballed and a small excuse such as confiding in his sister about your issues was just an excuse to leave. People do irrational things at times and maybe going forward, just be sure to mention the fact that you spoke to his sister about an issue you both were having so he isn't blindsided by it.

If it was just an overreaction, I'm sure he will come back. Sit tight and just give him some space.

I can't get in contact with him because he blocked me and I deleted his number. I tried before telling him I did that because I felt alone in the relationship however , he was so angry he didn't give me a chance to talk he just said I don't want you. I also regrettingly said to his sister 'he's probably talking to another girl while we argue' when I was angry with him which I regret because he's not going to want me now because I don't trust him and think bad of him. He made me feel like this though! Everyone and me are saying this did give him an excuse to leave. Because we've been having tiring arguments this has gave him an excuse to leave for sure. I don't think we will talk again.
Original post by Jessicapaula
I can't get in contact with him because he blocked me and I deleted his number. I tried before telling him I did that because I felt alone in the relationship however , he was so angry he didn't give me a chance to talk he just said I don't want you. I also regrettingly said to his sister 'he's probably talking to another girl while we argue' when I was angry with him which I regret because he's not going to want me now because I don't trust him and think bad of him. He made me feel like this though! Everyone and me are saying this did give him an excuse to leave. Because we've been having tiring arguments this has gave him an excuse to leave for sure. I don't think we will talk again.

Oh right.
That was probably not the best thing to do. I can empathise with both of you, but there must have been reasons for you to suspect him of talking to other girls when you argue, otherwise you wouldn't have said it.

From an outside perspective, your relationship seems quite unhealthy, and I understand that relationships go through ups and downs and arguments are had etc, but when it's in excess you start to question whether it is worth it or not.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Break ups are damn tough. I've recently gone through one myself and at first it always seems like there's no way of getting over it. If this guy really cares about you and the relationship, he will be back. If not, you have to be strong, know your worth and move on. It's not going to happen over night, but wouldn't you rather get through this break up and have the opportunity of finding someone who won't just run away when things get bad because it's easier, someone who will fight for you?
Oh right.
That was probably not the best thing to do. I can empathise with both of you, but there must have been reasons for you to suspect him of talking to other girls when you argue, otherwise you wouldn't have said it.

From an outside perspective, your relationship seems quite unhealthy, and I understand that relationships go through ups and downs and arguments are had etc, but when it's in excess you start to question whether it is worth it or not.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Break ups are damn tough. I've recently gone through one myself and at first it always seems like there's no way of getting over it. If this guy really cares about you and the relationship, he will be back. If not, you have to be strong, know your worth and move on. It's not going to happen over night, but wouldn't you rather get through this break up and have the opportunity of finding someone who won't just run away when things get bad because it's easier, someone who will fight for you?

19. I never met anyone that was like him for 19 years doesthis mean I have to wait another 19 years for another one. Have you got over it? I'm really sad I cared so much. I was desperate so I ran to his sister. He probably won't come back because he will think I don't trust him anyways and think bad of him.
Original post by Jessicapaula
19. I never met anyone that was like him for 19 years doesthis mean I have to wait another 19 years for another one. Have you got over it? I'm really sad I cared so much. I was desperate so I ran to his sister. He probably won't come back because he will think I don't trust him anyways and think bad of him.

I was 19 when I met my ex and I'm now 21 and he broke up with me 4 months ago. I'm not completely over it, I'd be lying if I said I was. But, I do feel a lot better than I did when he first decided to break up with me. I was absolutely devastated and thought I was never going to find another man like him, but, post break up, I realised that I don't want to find another guy like him... He didn't treat me nicely at all and by the sounds of it, your ex hasn't been the greatest towards you either.

It's okay to be alone, you know? Especially at this age when you're finding your feet. It's not going to take another 19 years to find another guy, haha, and most of those years don't count because you were too young to date. You will meet a guy who is right for you all in good time. For now, focus on yourself. You don't need a man to make you happy. Surround yourself with family and friends and invest time in things that will help your self development. I've gotten to this stage by focusing on things I want to improve about myself. One being weight, I invest a good amount of time in the gym, my photography and art, a language, on general knowledge, I'm preparing to start a blog, I'm reading a lot more. You need to find something that will help fulfill you. Time, combined with a willingness to look at life more positively despite going through the worst is the best healer.

If you ever need to talk about it, feel free to pm me.
(edited 6 years ago)
I was 19 when I met my ex and I'm now 21 and he broke up with me 4 months ago. I'm not completely over it, I'd be lying if I said I was. But, I do feel a lot better than I did when he first decided to break up with me. I was absolutely devastated and thought I was never going to find another man like him, but, post break up, I realised that I don't want to find another guy like him... He didn't treat me nicely at all and by the sounds of it, your ex hasn't been the greatest towards you either.

It's okay to be alone, you know? Especially at this age when you're finding your feet. It's not going to take another 19 years to find another guy, haha, and most of those years don't count because you were too young to date. You will meet a guy who is right for you all in good time. For now, focus on yourself. You don't need a man to make you happy. Surround yourself with family and friends and invest time in things that will help your self development. I've gotten to this stage by focusing on things I want to improve about myself. One being weight, I invest a good amount of time in the gym, my photography and art, a language, on general knowledge, I'm preparing to start a blog, I'm reading a lot more. You need to find something that will help fulfill you. Time, combined with a willingness to look at life more positively despite going through the worst is the best healer.

If you ever need to talk about it, feel free to pm me.

Hey I messaged you.
He didn't give me any chance to explain myself. I think I did say bad things about him to his sister however he should know why and it was when I was angry ? Do I let him walk away or call him. I feel embarssed to call him because he will say he don't want me because of what I done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending