The Student Room Group

Lost Graduate Job Advice

Hi, I graduated with a degree in engineering just over 3 years ago and at the time I unsuccessfully applied for many graduate jobs (graduate schemes and through agencies). I applied in different industries as I honestly did not have a specific path I wanted to follow. I know how stupid this will sound but at some point during my degree I realised I was simply going with the flow. I finished the degree with a 2:1 but was completely at sea from that point onwards.
Eventually I found a role in I.T through an agency and have been here for 18 months. As it took me a long time to get this job and it is my first professional role I am grateful for it. However, I am certain I have more to offer than what I am currently doing. At this stage I need some advice. Should I give the graduate schemes one more go this autumn, or leave that world behind and find what I can through the job boards. (I know having an interest in a certain field would help, but I really cannot find any industry appealing to me).
it's hard in the real world man , don't worry man just keep trying and find the job, remember you are going to be working till ur 67

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending