The Student Room Group

Ielts

I gave the standard academic ielts instead of the ukvi one and got an 8. KCL required me to have a ukvi Ielts result. The next test is on the 9th but the result comes after 13 days. I also have to apply for the visa because the course starts on the 25th September. Someone help please please!
Reply 1
Original post by Dexterfool
I gave the standard academic ielts instead of the ukvi one and got an 8. KCL required me to have a ukvi Ielts result. The next test is on the 9th but the result comes after 13 days. I also have to apply for the visa because the course starts on the 25th September. Someone help please please!

Have you checked with KCL that this is acceptable? The deadline to meet the conditions of your offer was August 31st, so unless they have agreed that you can take the test this late they don't have to accept you this year.

You're also unlikely to be able to apply for a visa and receive it in time for the start date.

It's probably best if you think about starting uni next year, and taking a year out.
Original post by Dexterfool

Honestly, forget studying in the UK for 2017/18, you probably will not be able to get a visa approved in time, and I'd say wait until 18/19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending