The Student Room Group

Can you enter an A^ in AQA Further Maths GCSE into UCAS?

I got an A^ but the 'other' field where you enter your grade if it's not on the drop down menu won't allow the character ^. Is there any way of entering it? Do I just put I got an A*?

I don't want to say I got an A* if there is a way of entering A^ because I'm applying for maths so don't want to look like I haven't achieved the top grade!
Reply 1
What on earth is A^. A to the power of what?
Reply 2
Original post by MarksBen
What on earth is A^. A to the power of what?

A^ is A* with distinction, attainable in FM.

Original post by memeeee
I got an A^ but the 'other' field where you enter your grade if it's not on the drop down menu won't allow the character ^. Is there any way of entering it? Do I just put I got an A*?

I don't want to say I got an A* if there is a way of entering A^ because I'm applying for maths so don't want to look like I haven't achieved the top grade!

@PQ do you know why?
If you put A* it will look like you got the highest grade anyway
A^ isn't recognised by UCAS or universities as a valid grade for an A level.

Just put A* and get your reference to explain.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
A^ isn't recognised by UCAS or universities as a valid grade for an A level.

Just put A* and get your reference to explain.

Reply 6
Yu can enter the A* with Distinction grade like this......don't chose a grade from the drop down menu but instead type A* with distinction in the box marked 'other'
I did this qualification too....not too sure where to enter it...under GCSE or AQA Level 1/2 Certificate?
Original post by Guy99
Yu can enter the A* with Distinction grade like this......don't chose a grade from the drop down menu but instead type A* with distinction in the box marked 'other'
I did this qualification too....not too sure where to enter it...under GCSE or AQA Level 1/2 Certificate?

Yeah I have the same issue. Would it count as fraud if I put this as a GCSE or would it be better to put it as a Level 1/2 Certificate or iGCSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending