The Student Room Group

Is there a fondation year that will get me into physiotherapy?

Hi, I'm intrested in becoming a physiotherapist but do not have the required grades. Does anyone know if there is a foundation degree that would allow me to get into physiotherapy on completion?

Thanks in advance
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by savannah_
Hi, I'm intrested in becoming a physiotherapist but do not have the required grades. Does anyone know if there is a foundation degree that would allow me to get into physiotherapy on completion?

Thanks in advance

keele and liverpool do foundation years:smile:
Original post by savannah_

Thanks in advance

Foundation years for allied health courses are a bit of a contentious issue as they are only officially recognised by the particular university that offers the foundation degree. There is also no guarantee that that university will take you on to the full degree, potentially leaving students with a useless foundation degree and no way to progress to a full degree.

An access course would likely be your best and easiest option, and is recognised by all universities.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
Foundation years for allied health courses are a bit of a contentious issue as they are only officially recognised by the particular university that offers the foundation degree. There is also no guarantee that that university will take you on to the full degree, potentially leaving students with a useless foundation degree and no way to progress to a full degree.

An access course would likely be your best and easiest option, and is recognised by all universities.

Hello,
Access course in what? Nursing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending