The Student Room Group

Why are Students very social at halls but won't unsocial at uni?

Before starting I am also the opposite. I am so isolated at my accommodation but not much at uni 😂

So yesterday I went to the campus and tried to talk and have a conversation or even a small chat with my new course friends and they all seemed to give me a weird look! Like how dare you ask what course I'm doing, only one international student was welling to talk and was nice.
I'm assuming it's because they were nervous! I do know that I appear to look so confident and a loud person when I talk but still I'm not so why did people react that way 🤔 💭
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Before starting I am also the opposite. I am so isolated at my accommodation but not much at uni 😂

So yesterday I went to the campus and tried to talk and have a conversation or even a small chat with my new course friends and they all seemed to give me a weird look! Like how dare you ask what course I'm doing, only one international student was welling to talk and was nice.
I'm assuming it's because they were nervous! I do know that I appear to look so confident and a loud person when I talk but still I'm not so why did people react that way 🤔 💭

Sorry about the mistake in the title.
Original post by Anonymous

Sounds like arrogant big headed 18-year-olds for sure. I might follow your pathway to pull the weeds out and go off-campus accommodation next year. Also, I'd just ignore them and just go along, find the genuine ones I guess.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending