The Student Room Group

EmilySarah00’s 2017/18 struggle to University (A*AA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
So? Why does it need to be not ugly?

Ugly things are just hard to admire! :lol: (plus would be nicer if it was pretty because isn’t everything! :teehee: )
Emily...you don’t understand how much this thread fills me with joy! Keep up the hard work you are doing great.

Honestly, I love exam season, something about them gives me a thrill.
Original post by EmilySarah00
Ugly things are just hard to admire! :lol: (plus would be nicer if it was pretty because isn’t everything! :teehee: )
For me I never cared about the aesthetic of revision - just it's effectiveness/efficiency/function. Maybe I'll make a GYG next year to show you.:tongue:
Original post by 04MR17
For me I never cared about the aesthetic of revision - just it's effectiveness/efficiency/function. Maybe I'll make a GYG next year to show you.:tongue:

Most of my revision isn't that aesthetic, It's hard to make maths past papers look nice, but if I could and had the time to make everything look pretty I would! And you should! GYG's are fun to maintain :smile:
18/05/18 Update - Slacking :getmecoat: :

Another week at college is over, and now there is only one more to go (I'm not ready! :cry2:) Today hasn't been very productive as always, but I'll quickly go through what I did.

So I woke up in good time but somehow still managed to miss the bus, this is my life at the moment, missing the bus did me some good though because I got to drive to school as a result. It went alright, I was nervous as always but I didn't stall or nearly kill anyone so it's all good! :innocent: I'm not prepared for my test in less than 2 weeks though... :argh:

I only had 2 lessons today, the first of which being Maths, I got into the lesson and took about 10 minutes to settle before getting on with a Core 3 paper. I actually almost finished the whole paper in the 50 minutes I spent on it in lesson, and I felt it was going quite well. :yep:

Then after break I had Computer Science, we spent the whole hour going through exam questions as always, I kept finishing first so my teacher kept properly marking mine for me whilst waiting for the others and it's actually going well considering I've done no revision about a month.

After my 2 lessons I just headed straight home, I made some packet pasta thing for lunch because we had it in stock and not much else, but I instantly regretted it as it was pretty gross and the thought of it even now is making me want to gag. Anyway shortly after I ate I went ridiculously tired, I toyed with whether to stay awake through it but in the end I just needed a nap.

I stayed in bed from half 2 until 5 before I realised I'd basically wasted my whole afternoon and needed to get up. Despite having done barely any work sensible me decided the best thing to do after I got out of bed would be to make rocky road, so that's exactly what I did (and now I've eaten way too much of it for one night! :oops: )

I then finished off the Core 3 paper I started earlier before I had dinner, there wasn't too much left to go and I did so well on it besides the last part of the last question where I messed up some numbers a little. I still got 69/75 though which is my best Core 3 score yet and got me an A*! This evening I've just done some meditation because I've been slacking and I don't think my therapist will be too happy if I don't do it, then I just watched TV since then.

In summary it's been a pretty unproductive day, I feel like I just don't have the right mindset for revision at all lately, when I do 1 thing and it goes right I'm just like "well it's all going well, I've peaked, that's it for the day now so things can't get worse" then if things are going badly I just don't have the perseverance to keep going to I give up for the day. I swear I'm such a bad example :facepalm:

Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive but I really don't have a plan of what I want to do, maybe some Core 4? I'm all over the place really, there's so much to do and so little time I just don't know what to prioritise, and I'm very clearly just ignoring Computer Science which I should probably stop doing some time soon... but then there's so many Maths modules and they're harder... ahhh!

I'll stop rambling now, until tomorrow,
- Emily

Have a great weekend! :smile: :

Spoiler

I feel like how you feel about CompSci is how I feel about Physics, except I'm not doing well in Physics at all :rofl: I do revision every now and then but Maths/FM are more important to me so I'm prioritising them more :argh: stressful! Hopefully we both learn to find the balance :tongue:

Well done on the C3! :yay: Told you you'd get there!
Well done with that C3 paper!! :yay:
You can do this!! :rave:
And I can’t wait! How are you doing with exams? :eek3:

Relatively good thank you :smile: Further Pure was horrible, but the others have been okay (even further mechanics :shock:). Just got single applied to go which is weirdly harder than further applied :confused:
Well done for C3, you're definitely getting there now!
Did I tell you I booked my driving test? :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Protostar
I feel like how you feel about CompSci is how I feel about Physics, except I'm not doing well in Physics at all :rofl: I do revision every now and then but Maths/FM are more important to me so I'm prioritising them more :argh: stressful! Hopefully we both learn to find the balance :tongue:

Well done on the C3! :yay: Told you you'd get there!

I bet you'll get physics down eventually! Definitely get some Physics revision in there at some point! :eek3:

Thank you! Not sure it will last :lol:

Original post by nyxnko_
Well done with that C3 paper!! :yay:
You can do this!! :rave:

Thank you! So can you :cube:

Original post by Lemur14
Relatively good thank you :smile: Further Pure was horrible, but the others have been okay (even further mechanics :shock:). Just got single applied to go which is weirdly harder than further applied :confused:
Well done for C3, you're definitely getting there now!
Did I tell you I booked my driving test? :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad things are going well! Sounds like you're going to get through this fine! :woo:
Thank you, I've just gotta keep it up! :argh:
And woah! That's very quick, do you feel ready? (I don't and mine's in less than 2 weeks ah!)
19/05/18 Update - Pain :argh: :

Basically, today just everything has been hurting, my head, my stomach and my back it's all been against me.. so as usual I haven't done much.

I got up at 9:50AM, printed off a Core 4 paper but didn't start it until gone 10:30AM after eating breakfast. The paper got off to a slow start but it was going fine until my stomach started hurting a LOT, I tried to power on for a while but only got to the end of question 4 before giving up at about 11:30AM because I just couldn't carry on. :emo:

I ended up just sat with a heated pad watching the Royal Wedding until 1PM, waiting for my stomach to calm down. I ate a sandwich during this time too in hope that eating would do me some good.

Then I got back to the paper just gone 1PM and did questions 5-7 without too many issues, but then I got to question 8 (the last question) worth 14 marks and I was really struggling to get my head around it, so as a 'break' I marked the whole paper I'd done so far. It had actually gone really well, from questions 1-7 I'd only dropped 2 marks which I was so impressed with but question 8 on differential equations and exponentials had me so stuck. :sigh:

Me and Dad went shopping at this point because I needed a new clear pencil case and some exam stationary, aka about 50 pens because you can never have too many. This trip was nice as I hadn't left the house all day but when I got back I was back staring at that question.

I had a few attempts but just couldn't get it at all, I knew what I was meant to do but something was going very wrong with the maths and I was ending up with something stupid like 11530% which just couldn't be right. I had to give up after many attempts meaning I dropped a whole 14 more marks putting me down to a score of 59/75 which was a B... how frustrating... but at least now I know which Core 4 topic I need to work on I suppose? :dontknow:

Since then I just haven't done anything, I've watched way too much Youtube, Netflix and I even spent this last hour practicing hairstyles for an event I'm going to next weekend. I literally never do anything with my hair so this is new for me. :rofl:

Tomorrow I'm seeing my boyfriend for the first time in what feels like ages so look who's getting nothing done again! :hide:
- Emily

Not tagging because this is SO boring

Glad things are going well! Sounds like you're going to get through this fine! :woo:
Thank you, I've just gotta keep it up! :argh:
And woah! That's very quick, do you feel ready? (I don't and mine's in less than 2 weeks ah!)

Thank you! Hopefully :smile: Might help if I actually do some work though...(have literally done nothing since my exam on Thursday)
You can do it :rave:
Yeah it does seem quick, I've literally ued the sat nav once, never done an emergency stop or anything yet so no I don't feel ready. Like I'm okay when it's quiet and there's no other cars around, but add cars into the equation and it's like nope. It's not until July though so I have got time :smile:
I have like 50 pens as well, glad it's not just me! Well done on that C4 paper even if it was a B overall, it was only really the last question so that's great! Much easier to fix than various small bits of different topics I'd say :smile:
Hope you're feeling better!! :hugs:
Well done for only dropping 2 marks from q1-7!! :woo: At least you now know which topic you have to work on :wink:
Slow replies as always :getmecoat:

Original post by Lemur14
Thank you! Hopefully :smile: Might help if I actually do some work though...(have literally done nothing since my exam on Thursday)
You can do it :rave:
Yeah it does seem quick, I've literally ued the sat nav once, never done an emergency stop or anything yet so no I don't feel ready. Like I'm okay when it's quiet and there's no other cars around, but add cars into the equation and it's like nope. It's not until July though so I have got time :smile:
I have like 50 pens as well, glad it's not just me! Well done on that C4 paper even if it was a B overall, it was only really the last question so that's great! Much easier to fix than various small bits of different topics I'd say :smile:

I bet you've got work done now though! :woo:
I'm trying.. :lol:
And I can barely use the sat nav, I feel like I can't do my manouvres and don't even get me started on show me tell me, but my test is in a week so I'll just worry about that after FP4!
And yeah thank you, clearly just got to work on differential equations then I'm sorted! (hopefully :rofl:)

Original post by nyxnko_
Hope you're feeling better!! :hugs:
Well done for only dropping 2 marks from q1-7!! :woo: At least you now know which topic you have to work on :wink:

Thank you! Hope you're feeling okay :yep:
And yes indeed I do, all ready for that half term cram revision :argh:
20-22/05/18 Update - It All Starts Tomorrow :hide: :

So the time has come, my A-Level exams start tomorrow and in 24 hours I'll have 1 exam down and 7 to go. I really don't know how I feel about this one, I've done Further Pure 4 to death and at this point even if it all goes horribly wrong I'll be happy to see the back of it.. but that being said if it does go wrong you'll find me on here somewhere in tears at 11AM. :cry2:

I haven't done much these past few days if I'm honest (which is what I say literally every day now :oops: ) I just took the whole day off on Sunday to spend it with my Boyfriend, then I spent yesterday just doing a Core 3 paper for the most part, as well as an hour of Computer Science revision. On the paper I got 62/75 which was 2 marks off an A*, and I would have got those if I hadn't written cot instead of cot^2 :facepalm:

After having a whole 3 days off doing FP4 I came back to it this morning, I'd told myself I was going to do 1 paper and that was going to be it for the whole day, and that's exactly what I stuck to. Since I've done every single paper once already I went back and picked the one I did the worst on (besides my mocks because we've been through those) and it was the June 2013 paper on which I got a C last time.

I knuckled down in double Maths this morning to get that paper done, and I got the whole thing finished and marked in an hour and a half, and I even took a break in that to help someone else, so that must be a new record. I also managed 71/75 which was an A*, and a huge improvement on my mark of 51 last time.

So obviously today's paper wasn't an accurate representation of how tomorrow is going to go because of course although I may not have exactly remembered the questions, I had seen the paper before. That being said it did put a little bit of the lost faith for tomorrow back in me, that maybe an A could be possible? :dontknow:

There's nothing more I can do now of course, then just loads of work to be done after tomorrow on all the subjects and modules I've neglected due to doing way way too much FP4. So I'll post an exam rundown post tomorrow night (I'll try and make this a thing after every exam to reflect on it!)

Until then,
- Emily

Wish me luck :smile: :

Spoiler

I bet you've got work done now though! :woo:
I'm trying.. :lol:
And I can barely use the sat nav, I feel like I can't do my manouvres and don't even get me started on show me tell me, but my test is in a week so I'll just worry about that after FP4!
And yeah thank you, clearly just got to work on differential equations then I'm sorted! (hopefully :rofl:)
Not really :facepalm: I've had 5 days since my last exam and the only day I've worked is today :oops: I'm also very not prepared...
My dad tried to take me out with the sat nav on Sunday and it was such a disaster...there's a load of double roundabouts around me and it only gives you the instruction for the second roundabout once you're already on it and committed to a direction :redface: Yeah worry about tomorrow first!
Hopefully!
Good luck tomorrow!
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get an A or A* in FP4. :biggrin:

Thank you! Hope you're feeling okay :yep:
And yes indeed I do, all ready for that half term cram revision :argh:

I am :yep: I only have 2 more exams :tongue:
:laugh: Have fun with that! :yes:
Good luck with FP4 today!! :rave: I know you'll smash that exam!!
:woo: for that improvement!!
good luck with the exam!:rave:
I just failed my S3 exam( at least 7 marks) and I’m soooooo depressed rn😭😭😭😭😭
good luck with FP4! 💫

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending