The Student Room Group

Being fascinated by past 'missed' connections

Like, for example, a strong mutual attraction where you, for whatever reason, had lives to live and parted, it was never a relationship, you were in different places, whatever.

just lately I am recalling a really good connection I had with someone online, I found it by serendipidity and had completely forgotten it- there was nothing that went wrong in it, no falling out, just that I tend not to make the effort to go deeper, and am a bit self-obsessed and distracted all the time.

Now, although I'm still quite a self-consumed, introspective person, I am getting more curious about relationships, and valueing them, and I have recalled how well I connected to her, I also find her attractive.

Am wondering about her tbh, and this topic in general- does anyone else find this phenomenon quite alluring, someone you missed and were not focused on, then going back to, also trying to deepen relationships from the web etc.?

And any advice?
If it's possible, why not try getting back in touch with this person

Although I would stress that it probably isn't healthy for you (or anyone) mentally to become fixated by the past and the thoughts of "what if?"
Reply 2
Original post by bloodredbeat
If it's possible, why not try getting back in touch with this person

Although I would stress that it probably isn't healthy for you (or anyone) mentally to become fixated by the past and the thoughts of "what if?"

I don't mean anything where there was any real emotion or any relationship in the first place. More someone you retrospectively become much more curious about, realising you got on well, and had a lot in common, or someone you were very attracted to and got on with but you were pre-occupied.
It then becomes more intriguing and mysterious thinking how you might cross paths again...
I find it more depressing honestly. I never really ever feel very close to anyone and anyone I do get fairly close to, most of the time I just drift apart from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending