The Student Room Group

Road to Warwick

Hello guys, I'm currently a Year 13 student applying to University this year for 2018 entry.

About me

I am now in my second year of A-levels (A2) and am continuing the three subjects I took at AS: Maths, Further Maths and Economics. I have made this my blog to track my progress for my A-level subjects and just daily life tbh lol.

I will be applying to 5 universities: Warwick (Maths), LSE (Maths with Economics), KCL (Maths), Nottingham (Maths and Economics) and Sussex (Maths with Economics).

Acknowledgements:

LSE, Warwick, KCL, Nottingham

Offer(s):

Sussex, Maths with Economics (AAB, A in Mathematics)

GCSEs: 1 A^, 6 A*s, 2 As, 1 B and 1D (for full info. see spoiler)

Spoiler

AS-Levels: AAA, for more info... see below

Spoiler

I'll be taking the following A2 modules for Maths/FM A2:

C3, C4, S2
FP2, M2, S3
D1 (retake) - AS Further Maths

Here are the links to my posts in this thread - if you are specifically interested in any parts (once I start updating which will be from half term so next weekend).
I'm not sure how often I'll post, but I will post lol.

Offer from Sussex
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm so excited to read your blog, it sounds like it's going to be really good :yep: have you been to any university open days? Also, could I make a cheeky suggestion of Manchester for your 5th option? Give it a look, it's an amazing university :lovedup:
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
I'm so excited to read your blog, it sounds like it's going to be really good :yep: have you been to any university open days? Also, could I make a cheeky suggestion of Manchester for your 5th option? Give it a look, it's an amazing university :lovedup:

Hi Amefish, thank you :smile:.
Yes, I've been to all open days except LSE (going on a campus tour soon).
Thanks for the suggestion :smile:, I've looked into Manchester but don't fancy it as much lol. It just depends on how I'm going to decide my 5th choice, I'm planning to make my 5th choice my insurance so one with low grades and Manchester has A*AA. Either that or it'll be another higher ranked university like UCL, so I'm not sure - I'll probably go with one in the middle like Manchester/Surrey tbh lol.
Reply 3
Original post by Chittesh14
Hi Amefish, thank you :smile:.
Yes, I've been to all open days except LSE (going on a campus tour soon).
Thanks for the suggestion :smile:, I've looked into Manchester but don't fancy it as much lol. It just depends on how I'm going to decide my 5th choice, I'm planning to make my 5th choice my insurance so one with low grades and Manchester has A*AA. Either that or it'll be another higher ranked university like UCL, so I'm not sure - I'll probably go with one in the middle like Manchester/Surrey tbh lol.

Yeah definitely choose one with slightly lower entry grade requirements - just as a safety net! Good luck with your GYG, it can help people tremendously :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Amefish
Yeah definitely choose one with slightly lower entry grade requirements - just as a safety net! Good luck with your GYG, it can help people tremendously :h:

Yeah, that's the plan :colondollar:. Thank you so much, I hope it really does help :P.
Reply 5
Hello guys,

I just contacted Warwick and King's College London about my personal statement as I was scared about writing about Maths & Econ in my personal statement and how uni's would interpret this where I'm applying for straight Maths. But I'm happy to say - they are used to this over the years and I won't be at any disadvantage provided I show my passion for Maths and that there is equal weighting for Maths and Economics or Maths > Economics, which is how it currently is written. I'm so happy :biggrin:!

But, I might change my course at Nottingham from Maths & Economics to Maths only!!
Original post by Chittesh14
Hello guys,

I just contacted Warwick and King's College London about my personal statement as I was scared about writing about Maths & Econ in my personal statement and how uni's would interpret this where I'm applying for straight Maths. But I'm happy to say - they are used to this over the years and I won't be at any disadvantage provided I show my passion for Maths and that there is equal weighting for Maths and Economics or Maths > Economics, which is how it currently is written. I'm so happy :biggrin:!

But, I might change my course at Nottingham from Maths & Economics to Maths only!!

I always wondered how it would work if you were applying to a couple of different courses with only one personal statement... it's good that universities are okay with it!

Good luck this year - Warwick is a beautiful univeristy :love:
Reply 7
Original post by Fox Corner
I always wondered how it would work if you were applying to a couple of different courses with only one personal statement... it's good that universities are okay with it!

Good luck this year - Warwick is a beautiful univeristy :love:

Haha, me too! I was so frigtened, I'm just so relieved and happy now :colondollar:. I just hope I do get the offers as I feel I should lol - otherwise I feel the personal statement would've had a big downside effect on my application. But I'm sure that won't happen as the UG Team were very clear and told me exactly what to do :smile:.

Thank you, yes it is :biggrin:.
Reply 8
Had a lovely Diwali today, the entire family came over and we had so much fun as always! There was tons of positive energy in the room and I could feel the vibe, keeping my mind happy and optimistic. I didn't even put any eye drops in today and even though my eyes are still feeling bad, they're much better than what they normally are :smile:!!
Reply 9
Hello guys,

Sorry for no updates. I've just been really busy, lazy and demotivated as always. I just can't be bothered to do anything and this personal statement just ate my brain cells. I've sent off UCAS on Tuesday and have received an offer from Sussex, Maths with Economics (AAB, A in Maths) conditional and acknowledgements from the other 4 universities.

I'll be studying from next week for all my modules, just had mocks and done pretty good for someone who didn't study for most lol.
I'm not feeling fresh, motivated and ready for A-levels!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending