The Student Room Group

Man convicted for grabbing woman's breasts during consensual sex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dave Lister.
If they are having sex she must have expected for there to be some physical contact.

It's not the physical contact she objects to, it's that he basically tit-punched her. He roughly grabbed her breasts more than once, despite knowing that she did not consent. It is therefore a sexual assault.

I don't understand how she was fine with him penetrating her but not touching.

Again, it was about the force / roughness and lack of consent more than anything else.

Also, you don't have to understand how her mind works in terms of what she will consent to. There are many reasons why she might not consent to even having her breasts touched, ultimately that is her business
Why? The sex was consensual. This women sounds like a horrible ****.

The penetration was consented to. Tit-punching her was not.

Consenting to sex does not mean you have consented to anything and everything. Do you agree? Or do you believe that if a woman consents to sex, you now have the right to slap her, pull her hair and roughly grab her?
Original post by AlexanderHam
It's not the physical contact she objects to, it's that he basically tit-punched her. He roughly grabbed her breasts more than once, despite knowing that she did not consent. It is therefore a sexual assault.

Again, it was about the force / roughness and lack of consent more than anything else.

Also, you don't have to understand how her mind works in terms of what she will consent to. There are many reasons why she might not consent to even having her breasts touched, ultimately that is her business

**** me that's confusing. I say we should just not have sex cause even if a girl says its fine afterwards she could class it as rape and it's her word against the poor guys.
**** me that's confusing. I say we should just not have sex

If you're worried that you cannot have sex without risking raping a woman, then indeed you should probably not have sex.

cause even if a girl says its fine afterwards she could class it as rape and it's her word against the poor guys.

What do you mean "if a girl says its fine afterwards"? If a guy rapes a woman and then she says it's okay afterwards, that means it's okay? What is your personal experience in this matter?
Original post by joey11223
Personality disorder, eating disorder, drug/alcohol dependency? Not sure I'd want her operating on my heart tbh..

you would be very suprised with the number of medics that have one or more of the above lol
Original post by Cravez
you would be very suprised with the number of medics that have one or more of the above lol

True. All the doctors I've dated / bedded (four) have been slightly nuts and/or extremely kinky. All of them were heavy drinkers, two of them users of heavy drugs.

One of them I went on a date with him, and we were halfway through having a few pints and he says, "Look, I'm not really looking for a dating-type deal with you. But do you fancy a threesome? Do you know anyone who would be up for that?" :lol:
Original post by Cravez

tbf i imagine so it's a pretty stressful job , but there's those who stab their partners and throw objects at them in some crazed assault and those who don't lol. I'll take the latter where I can.
Original post by Sayed0123
He's a medical graduate, would have expected better from someone so intelligent

Need a medical graduate demonstrate particular intelligence to earn their degree, or merely particular knowledge?
If you're worried that you cannot have sex without risking raping a woman, then indeed you should probably not have sex.

What do you mean "if a girl says its fine afterwards"? If a guy rapes a woman and then she says it's okay afterwards, that means it's okay? What is your personal experience in this matter?

I see whatever I say you will have some smutty comment to say back. I’m done you win this argument congrats
I agree. It's not like they were having sex and he just touched her breast, she screamed "rape!" and brought charges. It seems he violently grabbed her breast, perhaps almost punched it.

I've bedded people before who are a bit like that, who seem to think that they don't need to ask before grabbing you in a hard / painful way. It's super creepy and weird. I think he probably deserves the conviction.

I don't know if its necessarily true as you present it - that is the mere fact he grabbed her breast forcefully would be reason for a conviction. It depends on the action itself, for example it's reasonable to grab your partners breast during sex generally speaking whereas it would be slightly less reasonable if he tried to hit her with a whip or something like that (ie non conventional sex acts) so if he punched her in the breast or stress balled it then that would obviously not be covered by general consent to sex. It also depends on the intent and reason, for example did he accidentally bruise/hurt her without intending to because he inadvertently applied too much force.

In this particular case it seems a reasonable conviction. He was asked not to, did it anyway, and caused damage albeit superficial. Pro-tip, don't do stuff people don't want you to do sexually and you'll be fine.

I think what people aren't taking from this which they should is tinder dates are weirdos you've never met before, and maybe having sex with them is a stupid idea.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Need a medical graduate demonstrate particular intelligence to earn their degree, or merely particular knowledge?

Intelligence and knowledge, you don't get dumb doctors
I’ve had plenty of girls try stick they’re finger up my ass during sex, one in particular I told not to do again kept doing it because she thought it was kinky making me squirm and cut my ******** with sharp nail, I never in my wildest dreams thought about destroying her career and getting her out on sex offenders register. This stuff gone way to far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending