Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man convicted for grabbing woman's breasts during consensual sex Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonsSweetBoy)
    I quickly tried to remove their hands from my bits and it wasn't an easy task I had to really use force, this person made it hard for me. They really had a tight grip, and was being stubborn.

Eventually they let go. It was a very old dude so I couldn't do anything, I rushed upstairs to the top deck of the bus.

I must have been 12 at the time.
    Argh, that's horrible. I'm sorry that happened, it must have been very unpleasant and when you're 12 you don't really know what to do or how to respond to that sort of thing.

So I think maybe if I was in the position where a female was forcing herself onto me and I didn't consent it would be upsetting.

So yeah I am in the wrong here.
    Kudos for your change of view / attitude, most people on the internet, once they take a position, will hold to it and defend it no matter what. I salute your thoughtfulness on this matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Lister.)
    If they are having sex she must have expected for there to be some physical contact.
    It's not the physical contact she objects to, it's that he basically tit-punched her. He roughly grabbed her breasts more than once, despite knowing that she did not consent. It is therefore a sexual assault.

I don't understand how she was fine with him penetrating her but not touching.
    Again, it was about the force / roughness and lack of consent more than anything else.

Also, you don't have to understand how her mind works in terms of what she will consent to. There are many reasons why she might not consent to even having her breasts touched, ultimately that is her business

ReputationRep:
    Why? The sex was consensual. This women sounds like a horrible ****.
    The penetration was consented to. Tit-punching her was not.

Consenting to sex does not mean you have consented to anything and everything. Do you agree? Or do you believe that if a woman consents to sex, you now have the right to slap her, pull her hair and roughly grab her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    It's not the physical contact she objects to, it's that he basically tit-punched her. He roughly grabbed her breasts more than once, despite knowing that she did not consent. It is therefore a sexual assault.

Again, it was about the force / roughness and lack of consent more than anything else.

Also, you don't have to understand how her mind works in terms of what she will consent to. There are many reasons why she might not consent to even having her breasts touched, ultimately that is her business
    **** me that's confusing. I say we should just not have sex cause even if a girl says its fine afterwards she could class it as rape and it's her word against the poor guys.

ReputationRep:
    **** me that's confusing. I say we should just not have sex
    If you're worried that you cannot have sex without risking raping a woman, then indeed you should probably not have sex.

cause even if a girl says its fine afterwards she could class it as rape and it's her word against the poor guys.
    What do you mean "if a girl says its fine afterwards"? If a guy rapes a woman and then she says it's okay afterwards, that means it's okay? What is your personal experience in this matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Personality disorder, eating disorder, drug/alcohol dependency? Not sure I'd want her operating on my heart tbh..
    you would be very suprised with the number of medics that have one or more of the above lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    you would be very suprised with the number of medics that have one or more of the above lol
    True. All the doctors I've dated / bedded (four) have been slightly nuts and/or extremely kinky. All of them were heavy drinkers, two of them users of heavy drugs.

One of them I went on a date with him, and we were halfway through having a few pints and he says, "Look, I'm not really looking for a dating-type deal with you. But do you fancy a threesome? Do you know anyone who would be up for that?" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    tbf i imagine so it's a pretty stressful job , but there's those who stab their partners and throw objects at them in some crazed assault and those who don't lol. I'll take the latter where I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayed0123)
    He's a medical graduate, would have expected better from someone so intelligent
    Need a medical graduate demonstrate particular intelligence to earn their degree, or merely particular knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried that you cannot have sex without risking raping a woman, then indeed you should probably not have sex.

What do you mean "if a girl says its fine afterwards"? If a guy rapes a woman and then she says it's okay afterwards, that means it's okay? What is your personal experience in this matter?
    I see whatever I say you will have some smutty comment to say back. I’m done you win this argument congrats

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It's not like they were having sex and he just touched her breast, she screamed "rape!" and brought charges. It seems he violently grabbed her breast, perhaps almost punched it.

I've bedded people before who are a bit like that, who seem to think that they don't need to ask before grabbing you in a hard / painful way. It's super creepy and weird. I think he probably deserves the conviction.
    I don't know if its necessarily true as you present it - that is the mere fact he grabbed her breast forcefully would be reason for a conviction. It depends on the action itself, for example it's reasonable to grab your partners breast during sex generally speaking whereas it would be slightly less reasonable if he tried to hit her with a whip or something like that (ie non conventional sex acts) so if he punched her in the breast or stress balled it then that would obviously not be covered by general consent to sex. It also depends on the intent and reason, for example did he accidentally bruise/hurt her without intending to because he inadvertently applied too much force.

In this particular case it seems a reasonable conviction. He was asked not to, did it anyway, and caused damage albeit superficial. Pro-tip, don't do stuff people don't want you to do sexually and you'll be fine.

I think what people aren't taking from this which they should is tinder dates are weirdos you've never met before, and maybe having sex with them is a stupid idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    Need a medical graduate demonstrate particular intelligence to earn their degree, or merely particular knowledge?
    Intelligence and knowledge, you don't get dumb doctors

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.