The Student Room Group

Attempt at passing A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Today started off with double biology which was pretty productive and really interesting. Then I prepared for my extended project presentation and then period 4 I did it. According to my tutor it went well although it resulted in a panic attack and a lot of tears... this wasn’t too bad although it made me realise that a career in teaching is probably not for me which is pretty upsetting since that was my back up plan and I really enjoy working with children. After lunch I had physics where we just revised and make sure all of our core practicals were up to date, then I stayed after school to do a bit more revision. Now I’m just sorting out some emails and typing up my notes.
Reply 81
Since I only had double physics periods 3 and 4, I started the day doing physics homework- exam questions about electricity. Then I had physics and we did a practical about elastic and plastic materials and halfway through I noticed I had a voicemail which was Pennywell inviting me to an interview next week and this pretty much made my week because I would love to work there! During period 5 I did the physics homework that we’d been set in the previous lesson, I then went to my dads office and finished it. Today marks the first day of my chemistry tutoring, which went really well and we covered a lot of enthalpy which I’m currently doing with one of my teachers and I feel like I really understand it now which is great. This evening has been spent typing up my physics notes and making some revision resources 😊
Reply 82
Tuesday was a good day😊 I started with a free period so I did my biology homework and revised for the test. In supervised study I carried on revising for the test and then I had double chemistry. We were doing Hess’ law, after a while Miss was just going over the same stuff so I did a bit more revision. At lunch I was tutoring some year 10s and we helped them revise for that. In period 5 I had the biology test and I got 94%. Something else good yesterday was that Pennywell farm called and I’ve been invited to a training day on Saturday in order to get a paid job so fingers crossed 😊
Reply 83
So today started off with double chemistry which was actually pretty fun. We had to plan an experiment for homework and today we carried it out so we we just distilling an unknown solution. Then at lunch I helped at marine biology club and period 5 I had physics. In physics we’re still doing electricity and today we did a practical where we measured the amps through a wire while we changed the voltage and then plotted a graph of our findings. I’ve just found out I’m not working tonight so I’m going to do some EP and make sure it’s all up to date before my meeting with my EP tutor tomorrow.
Reply 84
At tutoring yesterday we covered hess’ law and I really feel like I understand it now 😊 I actually haven’t done any work today but it was my training day at Pennywell so I thought I’d just keep you updated on that- it went well but I don’t know whether I have the job yet so fingers crossed! have a good weekend😘
Original post by colivia12
At tutoring yesterday we covered hess’ law and I really feel like I understand it now 😊 I actually haven’t done any work today but it was my training day at Pennywell so I thought I’d just keep you updated on that- it went well but I don’t know whether I have the job yet so fingers crossed! have a good weekend😘

I've also began to understand Hess' Law more as well, the way my teacher explained it just didn't go in until he did it a different way.
Reply 86
Original post by OrangeArcher
I've also began to understand Hess' Law more as well, the way my teacher explained it just didn't go in until he did it a different way.

I didn’t really get it until I started to think of it like vectors because my teacher didn’t explain it very well
I didn’t really get it until I started to think of it like vectors because my teacher didn’t explain it very well

That is exactly how I understood it as well. How much of your EPQ have you written so far?
Reply 88
That is exactly how I understood it as well. How much of your EPQ have you written so far?

I’m still organising my research but I’ve started to get a first draft going, you?
I’m still organising my research but I’ve started to get a first draft going, you?

I've got about 2,100 words and want to have about 2,500-3,000 words before midnight tonight.
Reply 90
I've got about 2,100 words and want to have about 2,500-3,000 words before midnight tonight.

Good luck with that, do you have a good idea of what you want to get written?
Good luck with that, do you have a good idea of what you want to get written?

I have mine titles within my project and set amount of words that I have allocated for each section. I say set amount of words, but in reality I have written two sections that were meant to be around 500 words and they are nearly 1,000 words each :colondollar:. I am going to get my introduction finished and then a question just explaining really what the disease is.
Reply 92
Quick summary of yesterday- started off with tutorial but our tutor wasn’t there so we got let out after 10 minutes and so we went to goodbodys and had chips and hot chocolate. Then when we got back to school I started to catch up on the biology work that I missed on Monday. Then I had double chemistry and we did a practical making esters. At lunch I made more biology notes and tutored year 10s on the maths in chemistry. Period 5 I had biology and we made notes on open and closed circulation.
Reply 93
Today we were meant to have an enterprise day but instead I thought I’d be better off staying at home and getting up to date on everything. So my day started well because I got the job at Pennywell and I’ve sorted my first shift out! I’ve managed to catch up on my physics, make notes on some biology, organise the year 10 tutoring for next term and finish some chemistry notes this morning as well as organising all my notes, doing some more biology and catching up the rest from Monday and making notes on resistance and young modulus for physics. Now I’m doing a bit of EP research while I eat lunch 😊
Reply 94
I’m really sorry that I haven’t updated this in a while but I was pretty busy over half term since I was lambing all week and then I started my new job at Pennywell on Saturday and then the first week back was hectic. I’ll try and be better this week but I hope you’ve all had an amazing 2 weeks 😊 I’m also taking part in the walk all over cancer in March for cancer research so if anyone could sponsor me that would be incredible as every little helps https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/olivia-walks-all-over-cancer-25
I’m really sorry that I haven’t updated this in a while but I was pretty busy over half term since I was lambing all week and then I started my new job at Pennywell on Saturday and then the first week back was hectic. I’ll try and be better this week but I hope you’ve all had an amazing 2 weeks 😊 I’m also taking part in the walk all over cancer in March for cancer research so if anyone could sponsor me that would be incredible as every little helps https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/olivia-walks-all-over-cancer-25

I've been awful with updating my blog (just going to do it in a minute) and understand how stressful half term was (I was at a guinea pig, rabbit and tortoise rescue).

How many ewes did the farm have that you did lambing at, and was it a fun experience? I have 2 weeks booked for the Easter holidays (1200 ewes) and I am super excited for it. I would love to sponsor you but I don't have paypal or a card as my parents don't trust me with that access (I would end up buying a ton of animal toys online, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but still... :colondollar:).
Reply 96
I've been awful with updating my blog (just going to do it in a minute) and understand how stressful half term was (I was at a guinea pig, rabbit and tortoise rescue).

How many ewes did the farm have that you did lambing at, and was it a fun experience? I have 2 weeks booked for the Easter holidays (1200 ewes) and I am super excited for it. I would love to sponsor you but I don't have paypal or a card as my parents don't trust me with that access (I would end up buying a ton of animal toys online, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but still... :colondollar:).

It’s still getting to me, I just feel like I have so much to do plus I’ve been ill quite a lot recently which doesn’t help.

They’ve got 250 which isn’t too bad but the farmers broken his back(run in with a cow) so it’s just his wife and a couple of the locals but no one really knows what they’re doing so it’s still a bit hectic up there.

I’m terrible with online shopping, I should probably get rid of my card!
Reply 97
The last half term has been really busy so I’m sorry that I haven’t had time to update this but it’s just been a lot of hospital trips and illness plan s there’s been issue with staff due to a family member dying. So yeah this half term has been a bit of a mess but I’m gonna try and get things sorted out now that it’s less manic.
image1 (2).jpg
Hi :smile:
Tonight has been fairly productive as I have done all my key words flashcards for biology and revised quite a bit for my test tomorrow so fingers crossed! I also managed to get all of m work done that's due in this week which is good although I'm starting to get a headache so bed soon.
I hae done some keywords flashcards for chemistry but I still have a lt to do but that's probably a job for tomorrow...
I hope everyone's work has one well tonight, let me know how you're getting on in the comments :smile:

I love your handwriting!
Reply 99
Original post by hannahh.08
I love your handwriting!

Really? I think it’s like a bad version of my sisters 😂 I wish mine was like hers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending