Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attempt at passing A-Levels Watch

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to my GYG blog I'm hoping to study veterinary medicine so although I don't have any exams this year I'm working hard.. I'm taking OCR A Biology and Chemistry and Edexcel Physics.

I'm doing GCSE chemistry tutoring so I'll try and post some revision tips and resources for that so pop back soon for those.

It's day 1 of half term and today has been pretty productive (in terms of how much tea I've drank!)

I'm currently doing some Chemistry homework but I'll try and keep this regualrly updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colivia12)
    Welcome to my GYG blog I'm hoping to study veeterinary medicine so although I don't have any exams this year I'm working hard.. I'm taking OCR A Biology and Chemistry and Edexcel Physics.

I'm doing GCSE chemistry tutoring so I'll try and post some revision tips and resources for that so pop back soon for those.

It's day 1 of half term and today has been pretty productive (in terms of how much tea I've drank!)

I'm currently doing some Chemistry homework but I'll try and keep this regualrly updated
    Hi! I'm also in year 12, and I will be watching your blog Do you know what universities you want to apply to? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaBanana2000)
    Hi! I'm also in year 12, and I will be watching your blog Do you know what universities you want to apply to? x
    I'm not sure yet because I haven't looked at many yet however I like Bristol and I'm going ther on wednesday, you? x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure yet because I haven't looked at many yet however I like Bristol and I'm going ther on wednesday, you? x
    Well my top choice would (very ambitiously) be Oxford
    But for my others, I'm looking at Durham, UCL and Exeter. I'm probably going to visit a ton of unis during summer and decide which to apply to How are you finding your subjects so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaBanana2000)
    Well my top choice would (very ambitiously) be Oxford
    But for my others, I'm looking at Durham, UCL and Exeter. I'm probably going to visit a ton of unis during summer and decide which to apply to How are you finding your subjects so far?
    I'm enjoying them but it's a lot of work,you?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to my GYG blog I'm hoping to study veterinary medicine so although I don't have any exams this year I'm working hard.. I'm taking OCR A Biology and Chemistry and Edexcel Physics.

I've been struggling bit getting work done through the holiday because I'm the kind of person who will make plans with everyone, but I still need to get work done.

My tops tips for gettinng work done in the holidays are just to clear a day when you have no plans s you can just sit at your desk with a cup of tea and your work done.

I'm hoping to get most things ticked off of my to do list today and so far I have made biology powerpoints on proteins, carbohydrates and lipids.

I hope your revsion and holiday work is ging well

ReputationRep:
    I've been struggling bit getting work done through the holiday because I'm the kind of person who will make plans with everyone, but I still need to get work done.

My tops tips for gettinng work done in the holidays are just to clear a day when you have no plans s you can just sit at your desk with a cup of tea and your work done.

I'm hoping to get most things ticked off of my to do list today and so far I have made biology powerpoints on proteins, carbohydrates and lipids.

I hope your revsion and holiday work is ging well
    Okay so, I'm gonna be honest on a couple things...
    1. I'm not great with technology and incase you hadn't figured this out, I don't know what I'm doing
    2. I haven't really managed to do much this week except barely stay on top of the amount of work I have.
    But in my opinion, this is okay. It's important to understand that some weeks you will feel completely unmotivated and get next to nothing done but what's importatnt is that you put these weeks behind you and move on.

One of my number one tips is to make a to do list and prioritise what you need to do and set yourself realistic goals.

Tonight I'm sat up by my desk with a cup of tea and I'm feling pretty determined, i have a biology test tomorrow and so I'm going to start with making flashcards for the keywords and definitions.

I'm also hoping to get the rest of my homework for this week finished but that depends on whether I have time.

Hope everyone's work is going well xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image1 (2).jpg
Views: 10
Size:  498.7 KB
    Hi
    Tonight has been fairly productive as I have done all my key words flashcards for biology and revised quite a bit for my test tomorrow so fingers crossed! I also managed to get all of m work done that's due in this week which is good although I'm starting to get a headache so bed soon.
    I hae done some keywords flashcards for chemistry but I still have a lt to do but that's probably a job for tomorrow...
    I hope everyone's work has one well tonight, let me know how you're getting on in the comments

ReputationRep:
    This week has been pretty busy as I’ve been helping my friends with their head student applications and preparing for their interviews. I’ve just finished doing some chemistry revision for my test next Monday and so I thought I would share some of my favourite revision techniques;

•Mindmaps*
    •Key points sheet*
    •Summary pages*
    •Flash cards*
    •Key words sheets
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.