The Student Room Group

How to find scholarships

I'm applying at the university of Edinburgh to start my studies next year but I almost got a heart attack when looking at costs of renting an apartment there. (I will probably not be able to love on-campus as my boyfriend is attending another university and it's cheaper to live together instead of each of us renting our own room, I asked if there'd be a way to live together in their accommodations but haven't received a reply yet).
ANYWAY, both of our parents are gonna support us, I'll have about 9k€ savings until then but I was thinking of maybe trying to apply for a scholarship but I have no idea where to look for one.
I'm from Germany, graduated this year and am going to start university next year (computer science).
Thank you very much in advance!
Original post by cappa2
I'm applying at the university of Edinburgh to start my studies next year but I almost got a heart attack when looking at costs of renting an apartment there. (I will probably not be able to love on-campus as my boyfriend is attending another university and it's cheaper to live together instead of each of us renting our own room, I asked if there'd be a way to live together in their accommodations but haven't received a reply yet).
ANYWAY, both of our parents are gonna support us, I'll have about 9k€ savings until then but I was thinking of maybe trying to apply for a scholarship but I have no idea where to look for one.
I'm from Germany, graduated this year and am going to start university next year (computer science).
Thank you very much in advance!

Have you checked the University of Edinburgh website?
https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/search-scholarships?field_study_level_tid=4&term_node_tid_depth=1229&term_node_tid_depth_1=295

Is this what you're looking for?

Successful students will receive around £1,000 per year and may be offered a placement over the summer between the third and the fourth years of study.

BTW your English is awesome. Never would have guessed you're from abroad if you hadn't said.
Reply 3
Original post by Pogkaku
https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/search-scholarships?field_study_level_tid=4&term_node_tid_depth=1229&term_node_tid_depth_1=295

Is this what you're looking for?

BTW your English is awesome. Never would have guessed you're from abroad if you hadn't said.

Thank you very much, that's very flattering to hear!
And yes, that's kinda what I was looking for, though I was hoping there'd be more options, but I guess I can't really complain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending