The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
Nandos is the go-to location for TSR meetups:yep::yep:

This. But without the mostly.

hahah!!
ive had a pretty incredible day so far...

in english we FINALLY received our results for our english literature essays on ‘frankenstein’... imo i’m better at english language than english literature so i was really shocked when i saw my mark! somehow i managed to get 26/30 which i’m incredibly proud of :king1:
this is a solid 8 grade, possibly pushing for a 9 depending on what everyone else got :yep: honestly ecstatic with my mark - i didn’t think my work and scribbles were of much value but they obviously were :lol:
it’s definitely motivated me regarding my ability in english. twice now i’ve gotten extremely high scores :woo:

next we had maths and we were hoping to get our test results back in this lesson too - but it turns out my teacher was having a really bad day and forgot all our test papers, as well as his keys and lanyard :rofl: , i thought the lesson would be really boring but we did some probability and frequency trees which i found a bit harder than i should have found it oops...

more results for me in re!!
you may remember i was hoping for full marks in this test as
1. re is very easy to get full marks in
2. we were given the questions and subsequently the ‘answers’ in advance
3. my target grade is a 9 so :erm:
and i’m super happy to report that i got 24/24! :party:
probably could have worked a bit harder for it but what is there to fault? i got 100% :eek3:

after lunch we had biology which is currently rly boring as we’re doing bioenergetics and until we do respiration that means plants, plants and more plants. it wasn’t too bad though. we looked at limiting factors and did some data analysis which i found very helpful. we also counted some leaves... for some kind of investigation?! not entirely sure where my teacher was going with that :hmmm:

the final lesson was spanish and i kinda forgot we had a verb test which meant i got 7/10 (i was marking myself nicely... it was more like 5/10 :nah: )
oh well - it’s nothing formal!
then we did a word search and some work on the future tense - we’re going to continue it tomorrow :smile:

tonight i’m going to try and revise for chemistry after i’ve coached at my swim club :dumbells: so i’ll be pretty busy!

question of the day
if you watch youtube - favourite you tuber(s)?

Spoiler

bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Sounds like a great day!
Well done with your results, you really deserved them:h:
uhhh I don’t really watch YouTube that much but I’ve watched a few kurgestadt (idk how it’s spelt) videos which were v interesting:biggrin:
Original post by clouddbubbles

in english we FINALLY received our results for our english literature essays on ‘frankenstein’... imo i’m better at english language than english literature so i was really shocked when i saw my mark! somehow i managed to get 26/30 which i’m incredibly proud of :king1:
this is a solid 8 grade, possibly pushing for a 9 depending on what everyone else got :yep: honestly ecstatic with my mark - i didn’t think my work and scribbles were of much value but they obviously were :lol:
it’s definitely motivated me regarding my ability in english. twice now i’ve gotten extremely high scores :woo:

next we had maths and we were hoping to get our test results back in this lesson too - but it turns out my teacher was having a really bad day and forgot all our test papers, as well as his keys and lanyard :rofl: , i thought the lesson would be really boring but we did some probability and frequency trees which i found a bit harder than i should have found it oops...

probably could have worked a bit harder for it but what is there to fault? i got 100% :eek3:

after lunch we had biology which is currently rly boring as we’re doing bioenergetics and until we do respiration that means plants, plants and more plants. it wasn’t too bad though. we looked at limiting factors and did some data analysis which i found very helpful. we also counted some leaves... for some kind of investigation?! not entirely sure where my teacher was going with that :hmmm:

the final lesson was spanish and i kinda forgot we had a verb test which meant i got 7/10 (i was marking myself nicely... it was more like 5/10 :nah: )
then we did a word search and some work on the future tense - we’re going to continue it tomorrow :smile:

tonight i’m going to try and revise for chemistry after i’ve coached at my swim club :dumbbells: so i’ll be pretty busy!

question of the day

Spoiler

Spoiler

WOW! 😱 Congratulations on all the fantastic results😊
All your work really pays off, kinda wish I did that back then 😅

I watch all of YouTube as its my life but mainly just lots of vlogs, reviews, talks and music etc
Original post by Toastiekid
Sounds like a great day!
Well done with your results, you really deserved them:h:
uhhh I don’t really watch YouTube that much but I’ve watched a few kurgestadt (idk how it’s spelt) videos which were v interesting:biggrin:

thank you sm! :hugs:
how did your mock go?

oooohh :wink:
Original post by Kraggor
WOW! 😱 Congratulations on all the fantastic results😊
All your work really pays off, kinda wish I did that back then 😅

I watch all of YouTube as its my life but mainly just lots of vlogs, reviews, talks and music etc

yeah i’m glad it is paying off tbh! :smile:)
mmm i like to watch vlogs and talks just randomly all the time :yep:
Original post by Kuchan
That's amazing! How did you structure your essay? I find myself that I cannot get above 20 marks ugh.

i’m honestly not sure :lol:
i have some tips from my teacher though...
DF0E03B1-B539-48FC-8A19-735535B34C41.jpg.jpeg
16BE7208-756A-4816-811B-D84BF26EA735.jpg.jpeg

hope these help! xx
thank you sm! :hugs:
how did your mock go?

oooohh :wink:

The questions were kinda surprising but they were pretty accessible.
The frankenstein one was about how his “quest for knowledge” leads to his downfall which ngl was difficult to remember quotes for (yaaay!)
But overall I think it went well:h:
Aha feeling glad that I’ve used some of the sentence starters from that sheet:biggrin:
yasss congrats on the English!! you need to give me some tips oh my well done xx
The questions were kinda surprising but they were pretty accessible.
The frankenstein one was about how his “quest for knowledge” leads to his downfall which ngl was difficult to remember quotes for (yaaay!)
But overall I think it went well:h:
Aha feeling glad that I’ve used some of the sentence starters from that sheet:biggrin:

that’s a good question! i hate it when u get really pointless questions and have to make stuff up but i guess you could say a lot about that :yep:

wooo!! :woo:
Original post by mez_merising
yasss congrats on the English!! you need to give me some tips oh my well done xx

hahah i honestly don’t know how i do it 😩 i just write down random ideas and hope it makes sense oops...
that’s a good question! i hate it when u get really pointless questions and have to make stuff up but i guess you could say a lot about that :yep:

wooo!! :woo:

Pointless question= my Macbeth question
It was really irrelevant and badly phrased (like it was so unclear?!)
But yeah the Frankie question was a relief!:tongue:
Girll, you slayy :h:
Congrats on your results, you deserve it xxx

tonight i’m going to try and revise for chemistry after i’ve coached at my swim club :dumbbells: so i’ll be pretty busy!

question of the day

Spoiler

Spoiler

24/24??? :woo: You clever devil!!! :smile: :tongue:
26/30! :adore::adore:

That’s really impressive, and I don’t think anyone in our Literature class has scored higher (and we’re year 11 :redface:)

May I ask what the question was and how you wrote your answer, and what made you get the marks.
Also any useful revision tips?

Thank You, and well done on your RE as well.
Pointless question= my Macbeth question
It was really irrelevant and badly phrased (like it was so unclear?!)
But yeah the Frankie question was a relief!:tongue:

hahah can relate :sadnod:

Original post by Lilsthebest
Girll, you slayy :h:
Congrats on your results, you deserve it xxx

thank youuu!!! how are you getting on? xx
Original post by Jack22031994
24/24??? :woo: You clever devil!!! :smile: :tongue:

eeeek :dance:
hahah can relate :sadnod:

thank youuu!!! how are you getting on? xx

eeeek :dance:

Good ! My holiday has just started and I'm soo excited ! Going to see extended family tomorrow so yeahh xxx

Spoiler

Original post by Sam.T.
26/30! :adore::adore:

That’s really impressive, and I don’t think anyone in our Literature class has scored higher (and we’re year 11 :redface:)

May I ask what the question was and how you wrote your answer, and what made you get the marks.
Also any useful revision tips?

Thank You, and well done on your RE as well.

i was super shocked! worst thing is i’m not even in top set :nah: and this is twice now that i’ve got the highest in the year (or one of the highest) :dontknow:

it was something about how shelley presents the importance love and acceptance to society?! so i kind of babbled on about the contrasts of victor and the creature’s narratives. i went for a clear structure and tried to include a01, a02, a03... umm... connotations of words, zooming in on certain things, constantly linking back to the question etc.

in terms of revision - didn’t really learn any quotes as i have quite a good memory, i did chapter summaries and character summaries and in the next few months i will complete some theme summaries as well for when i need them in year 11 :yep:

i hope that helped?!
Original post by Lilsthebest
Good ! My holiday has just started and I'm soo excited ! Going to see extended family tomorrow so yeahh xxx

Spoiler

you lucky thing! although i have just had a week off :lol:

aw thank you! :love:
you lucky thing! although i have just had a week off :lol:

aw thank you! :love:

You deserve it xxx :heart:
congrats on the English, your results were 'lit' :biggrin:
Hard work pays off :yep:
proud of you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest