The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Scroll to see replies

Course: Law LLB(senior status 2 years)

Conditional/Unconditional?: conditional - firmed (international student wating for visa )
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi, if I put NTU as my insurance choice, and don't meet my firm choice and go to NTU will i be guaranteed accomodation?
Original post by GraceT18
Which block are you in?! :redface:

I’m in Maple block flat A
Original post by Greyclass
Course: Law LLB(senior status 2 years)

Conditional/Unconditional?: conditional - firmed (international student wating for visa )

Hey @Greyclass

Congratulations on chosing NTU as your firm!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Chris
Original post by Tomatoplace
Hi, if I put NTU as my insurance choice, and don't meet my firm choice and go to NTU will i be guaranteed accomodation?

Hey @Tomatoplace

If your insurance offer is then confirmed on results day at NTU, we will contact you to help find suitable accommodation :smile:

Hope that helps!

Chris
Course: Criminology Conditional/Unconditional?: firmed Any questions for Chris?: when should I sort my student finance out by?is notts strict on this?
Original post by jack poade
Course: Criminology Conditional/Unconditional?: firmed Any questions for Chris?: when should I sort my student finance out by?is notts strict on this?

Hi Jack

You should aim to have your student finance in place before enrolment on the first day of term. Student finance applications are open and in my experience take around 6 weeks to process :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris
Hi, so I received a BBB offer but I received a letter that says if I pay the advance payment my offer will become unconditional? Have I misunderstood or is this what usually happens?
Hi I’m Liv and I’m studying Fashion Communication and Promotion, does anyone know if there are any group chats available?
Course: BA Business Management and Human Resources

Conditional/Unconditional?: Conditional

Any questions for Chris?:
Hey Chris!
I am an international student from India.
My finals have not gone as expected and I have dropped by 5-10% than the required percentage. However I have participated in quite a few extracurricular activities. Would I still have a chance at getting into NTU? And, is there only 1 standard requirement for all courses for international students?
Original post by menezes6
Course: BA Business Management and Human Resources

Conditional/Unconditional?: Conditional

Hey Chris!
I am an international student from India.
My finals have not gone as expected and I have dropped by 5-10% than the required percentage. However I have participated in quite a few extracurricular activities. Would I still have a chance at getting into NTU? And, is there only 1 standard requirement for all courses for international students?

Hi @menezes6

It's hard to say really as all applications are judged on an individual basis. Extracurriculars can go a long way in applications - as long as it's clear how these are helping you to develop they should be a great support for your application.

Entry requirements can differ across all courses for both Home/EU and International students - just make sure to take a look at these on the course pages on our site.

If you have any other questions, just let us know. :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Welcome to the Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Hi Guys,

As offers are starting to be made, it’s a great chance to chat with others and get to know what courses everyone has applied for.

It's also a chance to ask me any questions you may have about life at NTU :biggrin:

Just fill out the form and get chatting!

Course:

Conditional/Unconditional?:

Chris - NTU Rep :banana2:

Course: Primary Education with QTS
Conditional/Unconditional?: conditional

Any questions for Chris?: Hello, I was just wondering if you think I would be too late to secure a room in the New Halls on Clifton? I have only just made my decision on my uni choice but I would prefer that accommodation, I know you might not know for sure but do you think I would be applying too late?
Original post by rosiet123
Course: Primary Education with QTS
Conditional/Unconditional?: conditional

Any questions for Chris?: Hello, I was just wondering if you think I would be too late to secure a room in the New Halls on Clifton? I have only just made my decision on my uni choice but I would prefer that accommodation, I know you might not know for sure but do you think I would be applying too late?

Hi @rosiet123

The best way to check would be to start the booking process, and from there you will be able to see what the availability of rooms are.

You could also contact our Accommodation team directly on +44 (0)115 848 2894 or email them at [email protected]

I hope this helps!

Let me know how you get on? :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Is there any way to be able to look around the accommodation other than going to a specific open day?
Original post by caitlinjane6
Is there any way to be able to look around the accommodation other than going to a specific open day?

Hey @caitlinjane6

If you give our accommodation team a ring on +44 (0)115 848 2894, they may be able to sort something out for you :smile:

Alternatively, on some of our halls of residences pages on our website, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll find some 360 images where you can have a detailed look at some of the rooms we have on offer.

Let me know if I can help any further!
Chris
Hi chris,i have received an offer for fashion marketing and branding but i would like apply for the fashion management course instead. Would it be possible to change? thanks
Original post by LaurenP88
Hi chris,i have received an offer for fashion marketing and branding but i would like apply for the fashion management course instead. Would it be possible to change? thanks

Hi Lauren

If you give our admissions team a call on +44(0)115 848 4200, explain your situation and they'll be able to help you out. It may depend on how may or if there are any spaces left on the fashion management course :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris
Course: Fashion marketing and branding.
Conditional/Unconditional: conditional

is there anyone who will be joining with me in sept 2018 for the same course? would like to get to know you :smile:
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey @Greyclass

Congratulations on chosing NTU as your firm!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Chris

Hello, I have met the requirements of my conditional offer(i.e some deposit for tuition fee and Waec examination verification) about two weeks ago but I am yet to get a response from NTU. would appreciate some advice. Thank you
Original post by Greyclass
Hello, I have met the requirements of my conditional offer(i.e some deposit for tuition fee and Waec examination verification) about two weeks ago but I am yet to get a response from NTU. would appreciate some advice. Thank you

Hi Greyclass

If you give contact our admissions team by emailing [email protected] - they'll be able to advise you :smile:

Hope that helps,
Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending