The Student Room Group

Brighton and Sussex medical school 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cormacpaul
Technically 2019 entry but I got an offer!!!!!

What are the conditions for your offer?
Reply 381
All of the people that have gotten offers so far, are any of you graduates ?
Reply 382
Original post by Bmd28

Hi I'm a grad and have an offer. You too?
With every day that passes, I lose a little more hope.

Do they allow one more in every day? Will there be a bulk acceptance at the end?
Reply 384
Original post by Sheetin'Bricks

Do they allow one more in every day? Will there be a bulk acceptance at the end?

I remember they mentioned more than half will be sent before march time, and rest in march. Although not too sure
Reply 385
Original post by SiMan
Hi I'm a grad and have an offer. You too?

No I don't. Was just wondering if they were leaving grads for last but I guess they're not.
Reply 386
Original post by Sheetin'Bricks

I know. Whenever I log into student central and the same message appears my heart sinks.
Original post by Tam1andRox1e
Are you having a gap year?

yh 100%
Original post by thegsss
What are the conditions for your offer?

AAA nothing else
Aren’t there loads of interviews still left to do?
Original post by Usernamesarefull
Aren’t there loads of interviews still left to do?

No lol. Interviews are over, I'm fairly sure.
Original post by ugaaa5
No lol. Interviews are over, I'm fairly sure.

That week in Jan I thought only interviewed half the people, and they’re doing internationals in feb and rest in early march ( I think?). I did some very rough maths lol based on the timetable they gave if 60 applicants were interviewed per day over 4 days then 240 applicants were interviewed which leaves nearly 300? I’m probably wrong.

If most of the interviews are done or now over then there wouldn’t be a need to wait till march to let everyone know as it would be more or less obvious what the cut off is but idk.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Usernamesarefull
That week in Jan I thought only interviewed half the people, and they’re doing internationals in feb and rest in early march ( I think?). I did some very rough maths lol based on the timetable they gave if 60 applicants were interviewed per day over 4 days then 240 applicants were interviewed which leaves nearly 300? I’m probably wrong.

If most of the interviews are done or now over then there wouldn’t be a need to wait till march to let everyone know as it would be more or less obvious what the cut off is but idk.

All interviews for home students were conducted over the 4 days in January. There were roughly 160 candidates interviewed each day so I’d assume that that was all of them
(edited 6 years ago)
Has a facebook group chat been made for those with offers?
Original post by Bmd28

I'm a grad and have an offer. Offers are being given out all the way until March so don't lose hope!
Has anyone got a rejection or waiting list yett??
Original post by cormacpaul
yh 100%

Did you ask the university if you can take a gap year after they gave you an offer? I read on their website that it's rare for them to consider requests for deferred entry from applicants they've already made offers to. I'd like to take a gap year too, so can you tell me how you arranged that with them please? :-D
Any international offers yet?
Hey guys, does anyone know BSMS's email address? Please, it is extremely important. Thank you!
Original post by StarDust99
Hey guys, does anyone know BSMS's email address? Please, it is extremely important. Thank you!

found this on the website and it might be useful:

UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS AND WIDENING PARTICIPATION

Darren Beaney, Head of Admissions, Recruitment and Widening Participation

E: [email protected]

T: 01273 641842

https://www.bsms.ac.uk/about/contact-us/professional-services-staff.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending