The Student Room Group

Need an opinion

Hi all,

I am a 20 year old guy who is in his first year at university. Oh and for the record, I commute everyday (If you were wondering!).

Now this is where I am seeking some opinions (bear with me!): I have only ever been with one girl and that only lasted three weeks, I am also a virgin still. Not that it bothers me too much.

However, now at 20 years old I am now starting to feel as if should experience a relationship of sorts, and well even a sexual experience.

The only issue is that I do not really know how to approach women, as I often get nervous.

Is there anything I can do to change this? Also, am I being weird in wanting to experience a sexual encounter for the first time in my life?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Reply 1
Well, just remember everybody is just as nervous about meeting people as you are and I, as a girl, actually don't scrutinise a guy bottom to top when he says hello. The most important thing is being nice I guess. I don't think it's weird to want to experience sex at all. If your're nervous about it or don't want to ruin things with somebody you know or might run into, try dating apps first or just go to some socials from various activities or even in classes just say hi and introduce yourself. Just be confident and things will work out okay.
Reply 2
Original post by R2Ritu
Well, just remember everybody is just as nervous about meeting people as you are and I, as a girl, actually don't scrutinise a guy bottom to top when he says hello. The most important thing is being nice I guess. I don't think it's weird to want to experience sex at all. If your're nervous about it or don't want to ruin things with somebody you know or might run into, try dating apps first or just go to some socials from various activities or even in classes just say hi and introduce yourself. Just be confident and things will work out okay.

I guess you are right! I am always worried about putting women off, as I always want to be respectful and not bother people too much. I really appreciate the advice, thanks a lot!
Reply 3
Original post by R2Ritu

i agree....most people aren't as judgemental as we sometimes think/worry....as long as you're polite with an open and positive demeanor, most people will react pleasantly to you....but it's also fine when you meet someone and it doesn't progress from there....you obviously won't get along with everybody. so just keep trying until you find someone you get along really well with and share the same values with. good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending