The Student Room Group

Primark Inteview 2017: Retail assistant Sales Floor position!

Yayy!

I finally got a primark interview, been waiting for so long xD

How should I revise, I lack confidence and I'm very shy.. any tips for me? What questions should I study as well?:colondollar::h:

Plus,

I only have a passport, NI number, birth certificate and a CV. Is that enough?

Thank you
Reply 1
yup that's enough, all i had was my birth certificate and cv and they never even asked for my cv

the interview itself isn't hard, they asked me stuff like why retail, why primark, what skills do i have that make me suited to the job etc
then a bunch of what would you do scenarios which were quite straight forward
there's no need to revise anything tbh, i did some research on the company before mine which was useless but i forced it into the conversation bc i didn't want to feel like i'd done it for nothing

maybe practise answering questions out loud if you're shy? the job does involve lots of talking to people so they would want someone who seems fairly comfortable with that, but obv they will understand that you'll be nervous at an interview

good luck :smile: you probs will get the job
Reply 2
Original post by redonks
yup that's enough, all i had was my birth certificate and cv and they never even asked for my cv

the interview itself isn't hard, they asked me stuff like why retail, why primark, what skills do i have that make me suited to the job etc
then a bunch of what would you do scenarios which were quite straight forward
there's no need to revise anything tbh, i did some research on the company before mine which was useless but i forced it into the conversation bc i didn't want to feel like i'd done it for nothing

maybe practise answering questions out loud if you're shy? the job does involve lots of talking to people so they would want someone who seems fairly comfortable with that, but obv they will understand that you'll be nervous at an interview

good luck :smile: you probs will get the job

How long did it last if you don't mind me asking? Were the questions difficult as I do get stuck and freeze sometimes!

Ahhh thank you haha, I hope I do! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Roy101
How long did it last if you don't mind me asking? Were the questions difficult as I do get stuck and freeze sometimes!

Ahhh thank you haha, I hope I do! :smile:

the guy said it would last 25-30 mins but mine ended up being about 15 i think
i talk quite fast when i'm nervous...

and nope they weren't difficult at all, it was my first ever interview and i found it fine :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by redonks
the guy said it would last 25-30 mins but mine ended up being about 15 i think
i talk quite fast when i'm nervous...

and nope they weren't difficult at all, it was my first ever interview and i found it fine :tongue:

Did you get the job? :smile: And sameeee I talk so quickly when I'm nervous sometimes what I say makes little sense too haha xD

They say to go to the refunds and exchange area or the reception area when I arrive, but I have no idea where that is, should I ask someone when I go in or should I look for it? :/
Reply 5
Original post by Roy101
Did you get the job? :smile: And sameeee I talk so quickly when I'm nervous sometimes what I say makes little sense too haha xD

They say to go to the refunds and exchange area or the reception area when I arrive, but I have no idea where that is, should I ask someone when I go in or should I look for it? :/

yep :smile: i've been working there about a month now but i think i'm going to quit soon because a levels
they hire lots of people, there's been two new groups just since i started

there's usually a big sign that says "customer services" above the desk so it should be quite easy to find, ask if you're unsure though
Reply 6
Original post by redonks
yep :smile: i've been working there about a month now but i think i'm going to quit soon because a levels
they hire lots of people, there's been two new groups just since i started

there's usually a big sign that says "customer services" above the desk so it should be quite easy to find, ask if you're unsure though

It was good you got some retail experience though, A levels can be a pain!

Oh thanks, I will look for that sign when I go in :smile: I hope the interviewer person is nice to me.. :biggrin:

Thanks for wishing me luck, and for your help, really appreciate it :h:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending