The Student Room Group

Someone help me what do I do?

This was my first economics mock that I did today and I had a headache while I was doing the exam, I couldn't of concentrated and I think that I did very bad on the mock.... My teacher said if I get under 40% then they will phone my parents up to decide if I should continue doing economics or not... help anyone?
Reply 1
The exam was out of 46 marks. I answered all the questions but I was really tired and had a headache... I'm really pressured here on what is going to happen... :frown:
if you don't feel comfortable doing that subject explain to your parents what you are thinking...im sure they won't mind as it's your future.. :smile:
Reply 3
There isn't anything you can do but do really but wait to see.
Reply 4
No I mean I want to do economics but I really couldn't concentrate properly today and I think I did bad...
Reply 5
I'm getting stressed a bit here I don't want to get kicked out of the course
You might have done better than you expected, maybe just inform the teacher beforehand and then wait and see what you've got. No point stressing yet.
Reply 7
Original post by Sid The Kid
You might have done better than you expected, maybe just inform the teacher beforehand and then wait and see what you've got. No point stressing yet.

I don't think I did she marked the multiple choice questions and the last question and I got 3/9 on multiple choice and on the last question I got 0/4 :frown: she hasn't marked the rest though
Original post by Agent456
This was my first economics mock that I did today and I had a headache while I was doing the exam, I couldn't of concentrated and I think that I did very bad on the mock.... My teacher said if I get under 40% then they will phone my parents up to decide if I should continue doing economics or not... help anyone?

Fam chill you can't technically get kicked out of the course. Some people in my class failed this induction test we had to do, and the teacher just made them redo it until they passed. Seriously though, you had a headache, explain this to the teachers cuz they can't take away your future from you !!
Reply 9
Original post by __gurlll1011__
Fam chill you can't technically get kicked out of the course. Some people in my class failed this induction test we had to do, and the teacher just made them redo it until they passed. Seriously though, you had a headache, explain this to the teachers cuz they can't take away your future from you !!

But She even said that I may get kicked from the course if I got 40% or below.....but then I asked again and she said I might have to do a resit.... idk which one would most likely happen
But She even said that I may get kicked from the course if I got 40% or below.....but then I asked again and she said I might have to do a resit.... idk which one would most likely happen

Probably a resit because you weren't in a good state. Don't stress, I hope it all turns out good 🙂
Reply 11
Original post by __gurlll1011__
Probably a resit because you weren't in a good state. Don't stress, I hope it all turns out good 🙂

But the thing is that i didn't tell her that I was in a bad state.... Would she believe it when I get my results?
I don't think I did she marked the multiple choice questions and the last question and I got 3/9 on multiple choice and on the last question I got 0/4 :frown: she hasn't marked the rest though

So thats 13/46, where you got 3/46 so far. You just need 15 more marks somewhere on the paper to get 40% which is then just 15 marks out of 33. (uh not the best at math so yeh) so it's plausible, besides you said they'll phone up your parents to discuss, that doesn't mean that you will be unable to do it, just speak to your parents so they know what is going on and they can defend you if the worst comes.
Reply 13
Original post by Sid The Kid
So thats 13/46, where you got 3/46 so far. You just need 15 more marks somewhere on the paper to get 40% which is then just 15 marks out of 33. (uh not the best at math so yeh) so it's plausible, besides you said they'll phone up your parents to discuss, that doesn't mean that you will be unable to do it, just speak to your parents so they know what is going on and they can defend you if the worst comes.

I just can't stop worrying tbh how can I stop thinking about it till my results come?
Start revising and it should take your mind off the test. Also, if you think it might be an issue, explain the situation to your teacher and ask them if they can test you again someday when you are feeling well.
I just can't stop worrying tbh how can I stop thinking about it till my results come?

Revise other things, watch TV, play games and hang out with other people etc, you'll forget about it.

Just have the mindset of its done, nothing you can do to change the results on the test and its important to focus on getting better etc.
Reply 16
I got U :frown: but she said she will let me off and I don't need to do a resit and she said I gotta do better on the next test. Oh well gotta try harder next time :/
Reply 17
Since it was my first mock and a lot of people did bad in the class

Quick Reply

Latest