The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Having second thoughts about my course and uni. I'm very lost. Please help.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but here goes.

I have recently started an animal behaviour and welfare Bsc however feel like it is taking me into an area I don't want to be in.I am seriously considering a complete change. I have been looking and found a different course at a different uni which looks more suited to me but would need to start next year in 2018.

How would I go about applying for this? Could I drop out after this term and go to this new course when it starts in 2018? Would it be better to stick at this course for the year then swap? What would all this mean for my student finance? Would I need to apply through UCAS again? Am I even allowed to do this?

You can probably tell I have no idea when it comes to UCAS and all of this, I don't even know where to start. I feel very lost so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
How different is the course you want to change to?
You need to get in contact with the uni you want to move to (you may be able to go straight into 2nd year if it's similar enough)
Also talk to someone at your current uni to let them know how you are feeling and so they can support your moving and give advice
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by iElvendork
How different is the course you want to change to?
You need to get in contact with the uni you want to move to (you may be able to go straight into 2nd year if it's similar enough)
Also talk to someone at your current uni to let them know how you are feeling and so they can support your moving and give advice

Thanks for replying!

The new course isn't very different (Animal health and welfare) however I wouldn't be able to transfer into the 2nd year. I'll try and get a meeting with my course manager!

Thank youu.
Original post by FoxMittens
I don't know if this is the right place to post but here goes.

I have recently started an animal behaviour and welfare Bsc however feel like it is taking me into an area I don't want to be in.I am seriously considering a complete change. I have been looking and found a different course at a different uni which looks more suited to me but would need to start next year in 2018.

How would I go about applying for this? Could I drop out after this term and go to this new course when it starts in 2018? Would it be better to stick at this course for the year then swap? What would all this mean for my student finance? Would I need to apply through UCAS again? Am I even allowed to do this?

You can probably tell I have no idea when it comes to UCAS and all of this, I don't even know where to start. I feel very lost so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well first of all try and give us a better picture. Why did you decide to do this course in the first place and what were you hoping to get out of it? Secondly, why are you having second thoughts and what are these second thoughts about? If you drop out of this course what you then want to do?
Reply 4
Original post by Rhys Davies
Well first of all try and give us a better picture. Why did you decide to do this course in the first place and what were you hoping to get out of it? Secondly, why are you having second thoughts and what are these second thoughts about? If you drop out of this course what you then want to do?

I have always wanted to work with animals which is why I chose this course but I feel like it is gearing me up for research and working with zoo animals whereas don't want to do this and prefer a more agricultural setting.
Original post by FoxMittens
I have always wanted to work with animals which is why I chose this course but I feel like it is gearing me up for research and working with zoo animals whereas don't want to do this and prefer a more agricultural setting.

So how come you didn't study agriculture? Surely you researched all about this degree before you went to study it? Where are you studying it by the way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending