The Student Room Group

I only have one testicle

This is really embarassing, and I hevn't told anyone. Please don't laugh.

But for as long I can remember I only have on testicle. I'm 17 years old, and I don't know what to do. Only in the last couple of years, have I realised that I've kinda always only had one. I'm not really sure how my parents didn't notice.

Is this quite uncommon, or do other people here only have one testicle?

Is it gonna make me unfertile? Are girls going to laugh at me? Would any girls go out with someone who only has one testicle?

I'm a bit worried. Please help...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would say that having two is the norm.

However, I don't see how it would stop anything. There have been lots of people with one testicle who did alright, for example, Hitler.

I would consider asking your parents about it. It's worth finding out how it happened. If I'd lost a body part I couldn't remember it being otherwise I'd be concerned, to say the least. I think that only having one nut is not a problem.
Reply 2
You need to find out if you had one removed, or if your second one never descended if this is the case you can have an op to bring it down into the correct place.

The longer you leave it the less chance of the opperation producing a functioning testicle however it would still look and feel the same as the other just without the sperm production. You need to speak to a doctor asap.
My nan's three brothers have three each :P.

Seem's a bit unfair when i read this :P.
Do you also have a little moustache, side parting and irrational hatred of jews?
Reply 6
That's confusing. Definitely ask your parents/go to a doctor and find out why. Depending on what it is it won't necessarily mean you're infertile, just perhaps less fertile.

As a girl, it really makes no difference to me whether a guy has 2 testicles or not. I certainly wouldn't laugh at you (and it wouldn't be because I was being nice, it's because I wouldn't care)!
According to wikipedia, you're not a mammal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle

Sorry mate.
Reply 8
MSB
There have been lots of people with one testicle who did alright, for example, Hitler.

Oh great, compare the poor guy to Hitler why don't you? :rolleyes:

OP, no girl worth her salt will care one bit. She'll love you for who you are. Don't give it a second thought. If you're very self-conscious about it, you could contact a doctor; it might be that you have an undescended testicle (http://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/factsheets/families/F040036/index.html) and you could be able to have an operation or something. Or I think there's some sort of plastic surgery you could have if you're really bothered about it. But personally, I really wouldn't see that it'll be a problem for you.
Did Hitler really have one testi?
Reply 10
Seanisonfire
Do you also have a little moustache, side parting and irrational hatred of jews?

I see you're German... Still funny though :biggrin:
urm why would your parents notice?
Reply 12
Thirdly, an undescended testicle is not firmly anchored, and can become twisted on the tissues that surround it. This is called ‘torsion’. Episodes of torsion are very painful.

Bugger...
you should probably go see your gp as that doesn't really seem normal..... it could be that the second one hasn't dropped properly and you'll need to get it 'fixed' however i suppose it's possible to only have one in the first place. after all people are born with limbs missing. btw - if you do only have one i think that's pretty cool :smile:
Reply 14
silverbolt
urm why would your parents notice?

Maybe when you're born?:rolleyes:
Reply 15
tomkat27
Maybe when you're born?:rolleyes:

When they're minuscule and retracted? (your testicles, not your parents) You'd be hard pressed to find them let alone spot one was missing.
Reply 16
Make a hole in your scrotum and insert one of those oversized marbles. Sorted.
Reply 17
Apagg
When they're minuscule and retracted? (your testicles, not your parents)

Haha!
MSB
I would say that having two is the norm.

However, I don't see how it would stop anything. There have been lots of people with one testicle who did alright, for example, Hitler.

I would consider asking your parents about it. It's worth finding out how it happened. If I'd lost a body part I couldn't remember it being otherwise I'd be concerned, to say the least. I think that only having one nut is not a problem.

Hitler only having one testicle is a complete myth.

Honestly - do your research.
Reply 19
can you still shoot milk? if so, you can always get one of those glass testicles that people with ball cancer get -- ask your GP or whatever for that one. that'll stop hoes from laughing at you 'cos everything looks normal.

Latest

Trending

Trending