The Student Room Group

Mindset after being rejected by Oxbridge

I was rejected by Oxford pre interview which was a suprise because I felt like I had done well on the admissions test. I feel like maybe it was because of my gcse's (only 1a*) and because of that I regret not applying to Cambridge which i also liked.

Anyways, I understand that its not the end of the world and that I should grow from this experience. But I cant help but feel like a failure :frown:, because literally every other oxbridge applicant in my school got an interview.
Original post by Anonymous
I was rejected by Oxford pre interview which was a suprise because I felt like I had done well on the admissions test. I feel like maybe it was because of my gcse's (only 1a*) and because of that I regret not applying to Cambridge which i also liked.

Anyways, I understand that its not the end of the world and that I should grow from this experience. But I cant help but feel like a failure :frown:, because literally every other oxbridge applicant in my school got an interview.

Im guessing you've applied to other top unis too, right?

Oxbridge is a big deal but it isnt life, there's lots of people whose only achievement is getting in who'll convince you that oxbridge or nothing but the reality is that top unis in general have fairly similar opportunities beyond

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending