The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lisbonsilk
for the people that have been accepted so far - did your parents go to university?

Nobody is accepted if anybody in their family or close relative has been to university. Period.
The whole point of the programme is to introduce students to what it’s like to be at university who are from the background without anyone whos been to university to share the experience with them.
This is the absolute criteria you have to meet and there’s no leeway or compromise.
(edited 6 years ago)
for the people that have been accepted so far - did your parents go to university?

No
(edited 6 years ago)

No
Reply 83
I’m guessing no email means no place then
Reply 84
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I did this scheme, its the main reason I applied to Cambridge. OP why didn’t you chose their Hist Pol course, was it not an option?

It wasn't an option unfortunately.
Reply 85
Original post by bookloverlolly
I presume that, if emails are unofficial, only successful people have got an email?

Original post by Hannahglen12
I’m guessing no email means no place then

Who knows.

As with all things, just be patient :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by je_nnas
I received this email this morning being accepted, has anyone else? Also has anyone been accepted who is doing Politics or English? Want to make some friends before I go so its less daunting lol
I’m so excited! :smile:

Congratulations! I've checked my email and the status of the application and it hasn't been updated, I guess that they're getting round to emailing people who are successful in their application.
Reply 87
Are we thinking that if we haven’t had an email by now, we don’t have a place
Reply 88
Are we thinking that if we haven’t had an email by now, we don’t have a place

I'm not sure about that but I would make the assumption that they're still getting round to people who has successfully got a place.
Reply 89
When you get a notification saying you have an email, for it to only be Pinterest. It’s the worst
Reply 90
When you get a notification saying you have an email, for it to only be Pinterest. It’s the worst

:frown: I registered with my school email account so if it's nothing to do with this, I'll know.
Reply 91
How long will it take to send over 350 emails individually

Quite a while but not too long, especially if they copy and paste with multiple people sending them :frown:

I received my email at 7:27 - the same time as others on this thread so I don't think they're sending every email individually
Reply 94
Original post by leonicunningham
I received my email at 7:27 - the same time as others on this thread so I don't think they're sending every email individually

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by leonicunningham

Oh. So if I don’t have an email by now (9:43), then expect I don’t have a place
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Congratulations :smile:

Thankyou :smile:
What gcse results did you get?
I think the most annoying thing is how long we've had to wait.

The applications opened in (based on next year's start date) August and closed in December (or late November). Why did they have such a big window? All you do is fill in your grades, current A Levels and personal details. UNIQ has an entire process with personal statements and they only give a month or so.

This makes the waiting time ridiculous, then their database goes down on the day we're supposed to receive emails. Still down the day after. They shouldn't have sent unofficial emails either- everyone should be getting one or no one should.

Bit disappointed in them, honestly...
Reply 99
Original post by paulmcdon15
What gcse results did you get?

5 A*s, 4 Bs, 1 C

Latest

Trending

Trending