The Student Room Group

Rescheduling interview at uni

Hello everyone, I’m a student from Italy and just received an invite to attend an interview at University of Manchester.
They asked me to go on 12th of December, but also 22nd of February would be available. For me would be better to go on February, because I didn’t have much time to organise the flight, but I was wondering if it can be any beneficial for me to go before, maybe because there are more places available.
Thank you very much.
Reply 1
If you feel that febrary is more suited for you then i would pick that date
Reply 2
Can't you just arrange for a skype interview?
Reply 3
No I think that I’ll have more chance to get in if i do it in person
Reply 4
Original post by SeanNass
Hello everyone, I’m a student from Italy and just received an invite to attend an interview at University of Manchester.
They asked me to go on 12th of December, but also 22nd of February would be available. For me would be better to go on February, because I didn’t have much time to organise the flight, but I was wondering if it can be any beneficial for me to go before, maybe because there are more places available.
Thank you very much.

As long as you sent your application in before January 15th (which you have) then unis have to give you equal consideration. This means there is no advantage to taking the earlier slot. They will still give you an offer if you are good enough.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
As long as you sent your application in before January 15th (which you have) then unis have to give you equal consideration. This means there is no advantage to taking the earlier slot. They will still give you an offer if you are good enough.

Thank you very much, really hope this is true and not just something they say to be “politically correct”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending