The Student Room Group

a level english help please

Please can you provide a simple definition of these terms. They are from a child language acquisition analysis question and are what to include in the essay and I would like a basic definition of each of them and also examples for my revision cards. Thanks:
Phonology
Morphology
Lexis
Syntax
Discourse
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by emmarosef
Please can you provide a simple definition of these terms. They are from a child language acquisition analysis question and are what to include in the essay and I would like a basic definition of each of them and also examples for my revision cards. Thanks:
Phonology
Morphology
Lexis
Syntax
Discourse

Do you do alevel lit and lang

lexis i think its the language used such as adj, nouns etcc... i think

discourse is if it is written or spoken
Reply 3
Original post by Shaziye
Do you do alevel lit and lang

lexis i think its the language used such as adj, nouns etcc... i think

discourse is if it is written or spoken

I do language, ok thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by emmarosef
I do language, ok thanks.

what do you do for anthology
Reply 5
Original post by Shaziye
what do you do for anthology

I only just started a levels in September not sure if that’s part English language. I thought that was just for literature but may be wrong.
Just finished A-level English lit this year, only one I recognise is syntax which I think is sentence structure e.g. whether its disjointed or convoluted for example

Quick Reply

Latest