The Student Room Group

Edinburgh requirement economics and maths for IB

Hi!

So, they basically want me to have 776 43 for eco and maths, but their requirements for other courses are much lower. Is that a mistake? Has anyone received an offer from them?
Original post by Jonymielony
Hi!

So, they basically want me to have 776 43 for eco and maths, but their requirements for other courses are much lower. Is that a mistake? Has anyone received an offer from them?

Edinburgh normally make offers that are well above their published minimum requirements to applicants who haven’t been disadvantaged in their education.
As above - they publish a minimum criteria which is usually only applicable to students from widening access type backgrounds. It is a very popular university of a very high calibre (on par with Oxbridge for some subjects, and certainly comparable to e.g. KCL, UCL etc), and Economics in general, and Economics & Maths to possibly even a greater level, is a very popular subject area and thus competition will be higher than in some other courses in any case.

I'm sure you can apply some of the basic concepts of supply and demand you're planning to study to how this affects entry criteria and typical offers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending