The Student Room Group

Dissertation deferral

Hi there,

I have deferred my dissertation for a whole year due to serious mitigating circumstances. However, things have not improved and I'm now faced with the prospect of failing to finish and submit it.

My uni has been supportive and understanding during this time.

Does anyone know if I will be able to finish and submit the dissertation in the future as a separate project? Or will I be able to retake my final year (3) at some point in the future (2 -3 years time from now)? Or will I have to retake the whole 3 years?

Thx
Original post by mydegreematters
Hi there,

I have deferred my dissertation for a whole year due to serious mitigating circumstances. However, things have not improved and I'm now faced with the prospect of failing to finish and submit it.

My uni has been supportive and understanding during this time.

Does anyone know if I will be able to finish and submit the dissertation in the future as a separate project? Or will I be able to retake my final year (3) at some point in the future (2 -3 years time from now)? Or will I have to retake the whole 3 years?

Thx

Only your uni can answer those questions based on their rules and regulations so your best bet is to talk to them. You should also collect evidence of your mitigating circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending