The Student Room Group

The Official 2018 Cambridge Offer Holders Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imogen.h
what's this leak

There’s a link on another thread on tsr.
Original post by Katarinanokat
Odd question, but are there actually some jobs only available to Oxbridge students? Or did you say that in the case that there may be some you don't know about?

Well, there are places where whenever they hire in the UK they solely hire from Oxbridge. But that isn’t a official requirement. These places are usually Trading Firms. There are only a few of these ‘elite’ places. Also this only right after graduation or for internships, after you get some work experience everything opens up completely.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
cheers fam!

No worries babe, hope u get 100 ums x
Original post by physicsmaths
No worries babe, hope u get 100 ums x

100 usm at btec oxford x
Original post by Zacken
100 usm at btec oxford x

MAT jone init
Original post by Doonesbury
Can you clarify if you or your referee have already notified your college about your circumstances?

If you have then they will certainly take them into account. You should only need to contact them again if their decision is still pending tomorrow morning.

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be fine :smile: but if necessary, yes, you can tell clearing universities about the circumstances too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said, I did get in touch with Cam before exams to tell them about the situation, with a supporting letter from my college.
MAT jone init

It's when I read stuff like this that I really think the english I was taught in my international school is a different language form UK english. Help, how will I ever cope?
Original post by Katarinanokat
It's when I read stuff like this that I really think the english I was taught in my international school is a different language form UK english. Help, how will I ever cope?

Na dw, I’m just a special case and it’s an inside joke between me and Zacken about one of our friends.
Na dw, I’m just a special case and it’s an inside joke between me and Zacken about one of our friends.

MAT jone has friend status? Thought he was a pet
Original post by Mo_Barker
Like I said, I did get in touch with Cam before exams to tell them about the situation, with a supporting letter from my college.

That's fine then. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
MAT jone has friend status? Thought he was a pet

We can make him do STEP again and then we can decide
Do teachers know our results yet and have they seen UCAS track yet? (trying to interpret an email my teacher said)
Original post by 123medicine
Do teachers know our results yet and have they seen UCAS track yet? (trying to interpret an email my teacher said)

The schools know your results already but don't think they can see track yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123medicine

Teacher track goes live at 7am
Is it just me or is the stats page broken?

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

No charts appear :afraid:
Glad I didn’t join any uni group chats or whatever. Would make it all the more embarrassing to leave tomorrow. 😔
Original post by sureofit
Glad I didn’t join any uni group chats or whatever. Would make it all the more embarrassing to leave tomorrow. 😔

Same here! That's the exact reason why I joined none!
Original post by CafeMusic
Same here! That's the exact reason why I joined none!

Especially as they’ll probably be filled tomorrow with ‘yay I got in #goingtocambridge’ and I’m sat there with like CDU or whatever rubbish is in my envelope tomorrow.
Original post by Doonesbury
Is it just me or is the stats page broken?

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

No charts appear :afraid:

I was just on this page!!!! Was looking for some last minute reassurance but no such luck lol
(edited 5 years ago)
100% agree! Then there's everyone else giving you that patronising reassurance that going to a different university won't be terrible and the ocassional 'friend' you met (who gets in) saying that they'll come and visit and invite you to Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending