The Student Room Group

The Official 2018 Cambridge Offer Holders Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
A few people actually, mainly those who had a higher offer initially though. I actually missed my offer, got put in the summer pool, and ended up getting rejected a day later. However, my remarks came back, and I met my offer in the end!

Ahhh, I see! I think I’ll have missed by a wide berth, but will go for remarks if it’s realistic. Glad your situation worked out!

If I could be nosy, what grades did you get pre-remark. I don’t know how many marks/grades away is okay for a remark?
Original post by sureofit
Ahhh, I see! I think I’ll have missed by a wide berth, but will go for remarks if it’s realistic. Glad your situation worked out!

If I could be nosy, what grades did you get pre-remark. I don’t know how many marks/grades away is okay for a remark?

My English paper went up 22 marks out of 150. My History paper went from a C to an A. I got AAA originally.
My English paper went up 22 marks out of 150. My History paper went from a C to an A. I got AAA originally.

Gosh, definitely shows the variation between examiners! So much for moderation 😂

I think I’ll just have a go at remarks anyway, if nothing changes paying for them isn’t the end of the world.

Thanks for your help ☺️
Gosh, definitely shows the variation between examiners! So much for moderation 😂

I think I’ll just have a go at remarks anyway, if nothing changes paying for them isn’t the end of the world.

Thanks for your help ☺️

I'd basically recommend getting a remark when you feel your grade doesn't match up to how you performed. Russian history has been my favourite thing for two years, and I had never gotten less than an A. So, when it came back as a C, and I thought the exam was fine, it was a little surprising!
I'd basically recommend getting a remark when you feel your grade doesn't match up to how you performed. Russian history has been my favourite thing for two years, and I had never gotten less than an A. So, when it came back as a C, and I thought the exam was fine, it was a little surprising!

PRSOM, thanks! I will 😅
Today is the day that decides ...
Any STEPpers with their results...? :crossedf: for you...
Good Luck to everyone. Even if we don't all make it, remember that at least we all got an offer and that itself is amazing.
Original post by Anonymouspsych
Good Luck to everyone. Even if we don't all make it, remember that at least we all got an offer and that itself is amazing.

Yep, good way to think!

What did you apply for?
Yep, good way to think!

What did you apply for?

Engineering :smile: wbu?
Engineering :smile: wbu?

Geography at Girton

Hope we both get the decisions we want 🍀
Can’t believe it . Good luck everyone.
Geography at Girton

Hope we both get the decisions we want 🍀

Yes hope so good luck! What's ur offer?
Yes hope so good luck! What's ur offer?

A*AA in any of my subjects (geography, history and French). Pretty decent compared to some of the specific and high offers I’ve seen here.

You?
Original post by Doonesbury
Any STEPpers with their results...? :crossedf: for you...

I got my STEP results..... 3, U.

Luckily that was for CompSci with Maths and I have an alternative offer for CompSci 75%, so I'm actually happy with those results because I was expecting U, U!
Original post by Lelanor

Luckily that was for CompSci with Maths and I have an alternative offer for CompSci 75%, so I'm actually happy with those results because I was expecting U, U!

Well done! :smile:
Original post by Lelanor

STEP *is* hard... :frown: such great news they gave you an alternative. Some offers aren't that clear and they don't always allow it.

Congratulations!
Yeah... I don’t think it helped that my school took me (the first person ever in its history to get an offer) as automatically being in. When it depends on exam results. Makes it 100% worse.

I’m not bitter about anyone else getting in, but I feel 1000x worse enough about failing tomorrow without seeing what I could have had 😖

Same - I go to college so it’s posted all over their social media and they’re even going to put it in one of the free newspapers...but my place isn’t confirmed (well we’ll see in a few hours)🤦*♀️

I know how I performed in the exams and I know I’ve missed my offer. I guessed my grades for AS right last year so I’m not catastrophising but everyone’s like “you’ll be fine”. Just I hope I will be.
(edited 5 years ago)
My dog senses my nerves and anxiety, won’t leave my side! Such a wholesome doggo. 😅
A*AA in any of my subjects (geography, history and French). Pretty decent compared to some of the specific and high offers I’ve seen here.

You?

haha that is a good offer! I'm sure you will make it fingers crossed

Mine is A*A*AB in further maths, physics, maths and chemistry respectively so it is subject specific unfortunately. And the worst thing is I'm worried about my physics grade as that didn't go as well as I wished.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending