The Student Room Group

The Official 2018 Cambridge Offer Holders Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alext07
Is there a Cambridge Group chat or something?

There isn't a giant group chat but there is an official facebook group! I'll find it and edit it in :smile:

Edit: group is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/officialcambridgefreshers2018/

and freshers fair event is here https://www.facebook.com/events/2145384195719351/
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Steliata
There isn't a giant group chat but there is an official facebook group! I'll find it and edit it in :smile:

oh I was wondering about that thank you x
Original post by Steliata

Thanks a lot!
Original post by y.siddique
oh I was wondering about that thank you x

Original post by alext07
Thanks a lot!

No worries guys! See above for it
Original post by eviechrissy
It may seem like a stupid question but is it possible that the admissions staff at Selwyn will change their minds about accepting me, because I didn't meet the conditions and they made the decision to accept me so quickly?

No - that doesn't happen. You deserved your original offer, and you deserve your confirmed place. You're going to Cambridge :smile:

(By the way, Imposter syndrome is a thing... and it's not uncommon but please don't let it affect you too much :hugs: )
Anxious dad here. My son has:had an A*A*A offer for BioNatSci at Jesus. He has D1 (biology), A (chem) and B (maths - 3 marks off an A). His insurance offer (imperial) have rejected him but Cambridge still deciding. Have asked for breakdown of marks. Not holding out much hope but any words of wisdom gratefully received....
Missed my offer for Cambridge by one grade. After a few hours of considering my options on this, I decided to be released into my insurance (LSE) rather than send marks. I am happy with my decision!
Original post by Queen_beee
I got A*AB with a B in English Lit... I’ve never been more shocked in my life. If anything I thought maths would let me down but clearly not :/
I haven’t heard back from Trinity yet but disappointed is an understatement :frown:

Hi! Sorry to read about your disappointment.

Which course have you applied for and was the A* specified?

Anyhow, I know it's hard but it ain't over yet! Fingers crossed for you!
Original post by Demesne7
Met the typical offer but didn’t meet the specific requirements but they let me in anyway!!! Hasn’t sunk in 💁🏻💁🏻💁🏻

Congratulations!

Which course and college? What was the offer and what were your grades and raw marks or UMS?
Does anyone know the rough timeframe in which they make the decisions because I still haven’t heard anything and I’m worried that I won’t even find out today ):
Original post by ParentSaraG
Hi! Sorry to read about your disappointment.

Which course have you applied for and was the A* specified?

Anyhow, I know it's hard but it ain't over yet! Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you :smile:

i applied for modern and medieval languages and the A* was not specified

I’ve been placed in the summer pool so fingers crossed, but I’m really praying that my grade goes up in the remark

never thought results day would be so miserable haha
Original post by captainkas
Does anyone know the rough timeframe in which they make the decisions because I still haven’t heard anything and I’m worried that I won’t even find out today ):

What does your UCAS say?

Could you say which course, which college, offer grades and actual grades and marks?

It's agonising, I know, but the longer they take the more they are still likely to be considering you!
Original post by CiaranM
Missed my offer for Cambridge by one grade. After a few hours of considering my options on this, I decided to be released into my insurance (LSE) rather than send marks. I am happy with my decision!

Could you tell us which Cambridge college, offer grades, actual grades and marks? ... And your LSE offer grades?

LSE and SOAS are my favourite UK university colleges! LSE is a fantastic place to study and in a wonderful location! Are you a Londoner or will London life be a new adventure for you?

Congratulations!
Original post by haarithiop
im most impressed with my chem result

paper 1 : 98/100
paper 2: 97/100
paper 3 : 69/70

any1 beat this?

how do you know?
OCR A?
Original post by yolkie
how do you know?
OCR A?

yeah ocr a, teachers have our marks
Original post by ParentSaraG
What does your UCAS say?

Could you say which course, which college, offer grades and actual grades and marks?

It's agonising, I know, but the longer they take the more they are still likely to be considering you!

I haven’t been rejected or accepted on UCAS (except by my insurance choice) yet. It just says that I still hold the conditional offer. It’s for Law at Clare, and I missed my offer of A*AA slightly. I got an A in English Literature (217/300), an A in Maths (522/600), an A in Classical Civilisation (322/400) and an A in EPQ (23/28). I’m happy to wait of course, but wondering when they have to decide by because if they’re going to reject me I could be sorting out accommodation at my insurance choice :-/
Original post by haarithiop
yeah ocr a, teachers have our marks

damn I should have asked while I was there
Original post by 5hivoo9S
Anxious dad here. My son has:had an A*A*A offer for BioNatSci at Jesus. He has D1 (biology), A (chem) and B (maths - 3 marks off an A). His insurance offer (imperial) have rejected him but Cambridge still deciding. Have asked for breakdown of marks. Not holding out much hope but any words of wisdom gratefully received....

Well you (or he...) are doing the right things. :yep: Just be there for him through the process. :crossedf:

There's always plenty of hope if you haven't had a no yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by captainkas

If you one of the very few without a decision at this stage then you are likely to be in the Summer Pool. It sits tomorrow. You may hear more tomorrow or slightly later.

Have you been in touch with your college? Have you sent your UMS or raw marks if you've just got your a-level results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending