The Student Room Group

Sidcup Driving test centre?

Hi, I live in Southwark, but am thinking about taking my driving test in Sidcup (I moved from bexleyheath, to here a year ago) I grew up around sidcup and the surrounding areas; but I am actually not sure about the test routes, could someone please give me any tips that may help me, please as I really want to pass

Thanks in advance.
This is for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlEUxrnHX3g

(I just pulled that from Google)

I know the area, but not the routes. I watched some of the video though, it's just a generic London test route. Cars parked both sides, a few "normal" round-abouts. One possible benefit is I've noticed the route has several open junctions. There's less room to really screw those up which is a plus I guess. Some of those blind corners with parked cars on one side are brutal though. With that said, also feels like if you know the routes from lessons; you'll cope with them better. But to have that, you will need to take your lessons in Sidcup or anywhere in that catchment area.

Your nearest Test Centre is Hither Green, but most South-East Londoners will generally take their test in Bromley. You do not want to even attempt Wood Green which is also close (and has one of worst routes I've ever seen).

Test centre pass rates average (2016)
Hither Green 41.7
Sidcup 46.1
Bromley 42.6 (Last 3 months, this is a new test centre)
Wood Green 40.3 (Says it all, really)
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending