The Student Room Group

CV and covering letter for tutoring jobs

I'm thinking of applying to some tutoring companies to do part time tutoring. Would it be okay to write the same covering letter for each company or would I: need to have two totally different ones or two that are similar but have parts amended to fit the specific company?

Also, for the CV, is it worth keeping irrelevant stuff. For example I have IT skills on my CV which is for a placement year. Should I take this out as it's not relevant or can I leave it be? Maybe move it to the bottom instead?
bump
Reply 2
My advice would be to keep your CV as it is because you want to show you have done as many things as possible. With the covering letter I think you should keep it near enough the same but just change the name of the store if it is in there.
Original post by Dregab
My advice would be to keep your CV as it is because you want to show you have done as many things as possible. With the covering letter I think you should keep it near enough the same but just change the name of the store if it is in there.

So is it not necessary to write specifically for the company?
Also, what things are required in a covering letter? e.g. address
Reply 4
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
So is it not necessary to write specifically for the company?
Also, what things are required in a covering letter? e.g. address

I don’t think so, I didn’t put the address in mine since I sent it online.
Original post by Dregab
I don’t think so, I didn’t put the address in mine since I sent it online.

Did you put any contact info in your CV? Or is it fine if the website asks for your number and email there?
Reply 6
I put my address, email and mobile number. I used the Barclays CV builder template.
Original post by Dregab
I put my address, email and mobile number. I used the Barclays CV builder template.

ah okay. Thanks, dude!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending