The Student Room Group

What to do to with my hair?

Hi there
I am a black African girl at her first year of a level and I have been worrying over some aspects of university life. One of them is how do I do my hair because Black people hair is quite different from Caucasian or Asian hair and I usually get it done by my mum, my aunty or one of the many hair salons around my area. Therefore I am utterly clueless on what to do to my hair
Can anyone help me.
Original post by chonlatorn
Hi there
I am a black African girl at her first year of a level and I have been worrying over some aspects of university life. One of them is how do I do my hair because Black people hair is quite different from Caucasian or Asian hair and I usually get it done by my mum, my aunty or one of the many hair salons around my area. Therefore I am utterly clueless on what to do to my hair
Can anyone help me.

if you go to a university in a city there should be salons there that can help you.
Reply 2
Hey, a fellow black girl here!
I'm in year 13 now going to uni in September and I'm planning to move 4 hours away from London to Leeds and I get your worry trust me. I would say from my "research" lol I would recommend checking out your ACS society you join at whatever uni you go to and you'll be bound to find hairdressers through the members. Simply asking fellow black girls how they do their hair could actually get you really valuable links to great places (especially if their hair is looking good 24/7! ) Social media is a big help as well you can find the best hair companies that are doing well online in your city! hmm.. also If anything I doubt you will be at your uni the whole year when you go back home you can stock up there XD and if things to worst maybe try out wigs? (that's my last resort hehe) I would say if this is a big worry for you then you then since your in the early stages now I would consider uni's in cities (i.e london, manchester, leeds, birmingham etc) and you will find good hairdressers and people on good rates there everywhere! a lot of black girls in uni try to earn some extra money by hairdressing in their free time to so don't worry ( my cousin is in aston uni and she legit just started a hair business and she only charges like £15-£20 from weaves to braids etc.)
Hope this helps! (I'll stop rambling now haha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending