The Student Room Group

Work experience vs AS-level in Gap year

Hi,
So I am taking a gap year and I am wondering what you guys consider to be a better use of my time. So I got work experience in a biology lab which is highly connected to what I want to do in my career. However, I've been wanting to do AS Maths during my gap year and think that I will not be able to manage both things as the job in the lab requires a lot of time (especially since I already have a weekend job{that I kind of need financially}). What do you think? I don't find maths hard But if I don't do it almost everyday day I just forget... I don't want to waste the work experience opportunity but I don't see what other time I'll be able to do the AS since I'll be busy with uni next year.
Any suggestions are welcome :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by marcobruni98
Hi,
So I am taking a gap year and I am wondering what you guys consider to be a better use of my time. So I got work experience in a biology lab which is highly connected to what I want to do in my career. However, I've been wanting to do AS Maths during my gap year and think that I will not be able to manage both things as the job in the lab requires a lot of time (especially since I already have a weekend job{that I kind of need financially}). What do you think? I don't find maths hard But if I don't do it almost everyday day I just forget... I don't want to waste the work experience opportunity but I don't see what other time I'll be able to do the AS since I'll be busy with uni next year.
Any suggestions are welcome :smile:

Which course are you going to be applying to?

What A-levels do you already have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Which course are you going to be applying to?

What A-levels do you already have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine and Biomed. my A-levels are in biology, chemistry and psychology.
Reply 3
Original post by marcobruni98
Medicine and Biomed. my A-levels are in biology, chemistry and psychology.

Ok. So probably do the work experience and some maths self-teaching, without commiting to actually doing the AS exam unless you feel confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending