Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Once a week, usually on saturdays or fridays, my flatmates are so ****ing noisy that I just cannot sleep.
    I did report them to the reception by email (hopefully, they will deal with it by next week), but I just cannot assure they will punish them (or at least warn them) because 5 of my flatmates are like friends, and I am the lonely one. I just didn't want to be friends with them, and now I am the lonely one. Would that affect the outcome?

Does anyone have experiences with shutting ****ing noisy flatmates?

ReputationRep:
    Once a week though let them have their fun or even join in 😀

I understand the noise being annoying but if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy123Hull)
    Once a week though let them have their fun or even join in 😀

I understand the noise being annoying but if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em
    I want to live in a peaceful environment...
    Maybe I am asking too much from this ****ing accomodation which has so ****ing thin walls
    And I am not committed to join since I am a socially akaward person, and cannot stay awake upto like 1am or 3am. (Today, it seems they will not sleep because it is ****ing chinese new year)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose I’d be annoyed too if they were still making noise at this time
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yeah just get a decent pair of ear plugs
    and sound cancelling headphones

ReputationRep:
    TBH once a week til 1am is not excessive in student accommodation, relax.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Be grateful it's one night a week and not 5 mornings a week (I'm lucky atm if the noise starts as late as 6am) like I sometimes have to put up with.

You live with students. They're not known for being quiet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Get ear plugs. I use these ones and now I get a full night's sleep every night, despite whatever noise is going on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately that's just what student accommodation is like. It's kind of expected that students will be going out a lot, hosting parties and making noise. Most flats there's noise almost every night so you're lucky it's only once and during the weekend when you haven't got lectures. I don't think you can really criticise them as they aren't doing anything that wrong.
    Get yourself some ear plugs, I have some cheap ones from Boots that I wear almost every night because I live next to a noisy road and my housemate works nights.
    Maybe just tell them that you have to be up early in the morning so if they'd mind being a little quieter or hanging out in a room that isn't right by yours.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.