The Student Room Group

My flatmates are too noisy

Once a week, usually on saturdays or fridays, my flatmates are so ****ing noisy that I just cannot sleep.
I did report them to the reception by email (hopefully, they will deal with it by next week), but I just cannot assure they will punish them (or at least warn them) because 5 of my flatmates are like friends, and I am the lonely one. I just didn't want to be friends with them, and now I am the lonely one. Would that affect the outcome?

Does anyone have experiences with shutting ****ing noisy flatmates?
Once a week though let them have their fun or even join in 😀

I understand the noise being annoying but if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em
Reply 2
Original post by Tommy123Hull
Once a week though let them have their fun or even join in 😀

I understand the noise being annoying but if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em

I want to live in a peaceful environment...
Maybe I am asking too much from this ****ing accomodation which has so ****ing thin walls
And I am not committed to join since I am a socially akaward person, and cannot stay awake upto like 1am or 3am. (Today, it seems they will not sleep because it is ****ing chinese new year)
Yeah I suppose I’d be annoyed too if they were still making noise at this time
yeah just get a decent pair of ear plugs
and sound cancelling headphones
TBH once a week til 1am is not excessive in student accommodation, relax.
Be grateful it's one night a week and not 5 mornings a week (I'm lucky atm if the noise starts as late as 6am) like I sometimes have to put up with.

You live with students. They're not known for being quiet.
Get ear plugs. I use these ones and now I get a full night's sleep every night, despite whatever noise is going on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006B7ZCCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply 8
Unfortunately that's just what student accommodation is like. It's kind of expected that students will be going out a lot, hosting parties and making noise. Most flats there's noise almost every night so you're lucky it's only once and during the weekend when you haven't got lectures. I don't think you can really criticise them as they aren't doing anything that wrong.
Get yourself some ear plugs, I have some cheap ones from Boots that I wear almost every night because I live next to a noisy road and my housemate works nights.
Maybe just tell them that you have to be up early in the morning so if they'd mind being a little quieter or hanging out in a room that isn't right by yours.
Hey,

I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully reception get back to you to help. Is it worth talking to them - just asking to be a little quieter. Unfortunately, uni students can be loud if they are going out! Have you enquired if you could possibly change accommodation? Is this an option?

All the best,
Sara
Reply 10
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey,

I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully reception get back to you to help. Is it worth talking to them - just asking to be a little quieter. Unfortunately, uni students can be loud if they are going out! Have you enquired if you could possibly change accommodation? Is this an option?

All the best,
Sara

Four year old thread...

Latest

Trending

Trending