The Student Room Group

his mum says he cant have a gf

So I met this guy on an app and he is 16 in year 11 and I'm in year 13 and I'm 17, and I wasn't worried about the age at the time, he goes to my school and as I'm in sixth form he was worried about us being seen together. We were in a secret relationship for about a month because his parents wouldn't allow him to have a girlfriend because he needed to revise for his GCSE's, he does around 2 hours of revision a day and I think hes like quite tied up with the fact that he has to do what they say all the time.

On valentines day we were at the bus stop to go out on a date and his mum came round the corner in her car and saw us, so she found out. The next day she wanted to speak to him about it and then she apparently told him to dump me, which to this day I don't know if it is true, as I never met her, and then he called me that night and said I'm allowed one last call, and basically I got dumped because she 'told him to'. Some of my friends think he was just using me for sex but I don't believe that because he would have left after the first time. He lives a 2 minute walk from my house which is even worse, because everyday I see him around school and walk to school with his friends and it is really getting me down because he wont reply to any of my messages as I want answers, and I'm struggling to get over him even though it was only a month we were together. How can I not feel attached anymore? I just want him to speak to me even as friends and I feel like I will have feelings still after exams
Reply 1
focus on ure a-levels nd let him fcus on his gcse. relatiionship can cme aftawrds
Reply 2
what a mummy's boy.....
Nothing you can do if he refuses to be his own person. If his mum can control him that easily he probably isn't a guy you want to be with long term anyway. Try to ignore him best you can and focus on your studies.
Reply 4
Original post by Milya123
focus on ure a-levels nd let him fcus on his gcse. relatiionship can cme aftawrds

I don't know if he will still want me afterwards
Well either the guy you were dating turned out:

1. To have no balls (I mean, really? He dumped his girlfriend because his mummy told him to?), or
2. He is someone who skirts personal responsibility/accountability in life (always blaming his actions as the fault of others).

Either way, why do you want to get back with such a guy?

If that were me, instead of feeling all sad & mopey, I would feel angry as hell for wasting my time on such a loser.

This is the point where you need to wake up, smell the coffee and start empowering yourself.
Give the poor lad a break he's only 16 lool
I think he just doesn’t want to be with you or he's a bit ch. ‘Cos his mum told him to’ ain't no kind of reason. I get that his mum may have been monitoring his phone for calls and texts from you and telling him to say stuff. But at least when he saw you in person he would be able to explain. My mum made me break up with my girlfriend when I was in year 9. I just said whatever I had to say when my mum was there and when I saw her in school the next day I explained everything and we continued dating but kept contact off the phone and on skype instead
Yeah. Move on. If he’s not willing to put a effort into the relationship then he’s not worth your time. He could still talk to you as friends whilst focusing on his GCSEs but clearly he isn’t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending