The Student Room Group

Speaking to a guy I see everyday?

I see this guy who's around my age everyday and I think he is really attrattractive.
My friends have seen him and I have tried to find ways to talk to him but everytime I either have a mini panic attack and freak out, or I simply just avoid him.
I really want to talk to him but I just don't know how and what I should say.
He walks quickly and always has his earphones in which makes it harder for me to try.
Does anyone have any advice for this? Do you have any do's and don't's for this kind of thing? Thanks x
Go up to him, introduce yourself and be friendly. The more you think about it the worse it’s going to get so just go for it I say.
Sounds like a player - dump him.
as you see him everyday I’m assuming you work together or go to school together?? You could use this as a common interest to start of a conversation
Reply 4
Original post by Howie_2114
as you see him everyday I’m assuming you work together or go to school together?? You could use this as a common interest to start of a conversation

I see him everyday on the way to school, so I don’t know him which I find makes it harder to approach him. But he goes to a school near mine.
Reply 5
Original post by Howie_2114
Go up to him, introduce yourself and be friendly. The more you think about it the worse it’s going to get so just go for it I say.

How would you say I approach him? Like what kind of things would I say? My only problem is I feel like it may be a bit awkward to randomly speak to him?
Reply 6
Approach him but ask for directions (to somewhere you know, but he doesn't know you know), and encourage him to show you the way.
That gets you both talking, and then ask him questions, such as: What sports do you play? (possible answers to keep it going) a) Oh I like that one! b) I haven't tried that yet, what's involved? c) That sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a go at some point.
Another Q: Bit of a random one, but do you like Disney? (him either: yes, or no). if yes, possible answers: a) Me too! b) No way! We have so much in common! c) Aww, I like it too, what's your favourite movie?
If he says no, ask: a) But have you watched a disney movie? b) surely you've been to disneyland paris?

Hope this helps.
Reply 7
Original post by Adz2042
Approach him but ask for directions (to somewhere you know, but he doesn't know you know), and encourage him to show you the way.
That gets you both talking, and then ask him questions, such as: What sports do you play? (possible answers to keep it going) a) Oh I like that one! b) I haven't tried that yet, what's involved? c) That sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a go at some point.
Another Q: Bit of a random one, but do you like Disney? (him either: yes, or no). if yes, possible answers: a) Me too! b) No way! We have so much in common! c) Aww, I like it too, what's your favourite movie?
If he says no, ask: a) But have you watched a disney movie? b) surely you've been to disneyland paris?

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! This has actually helped tons. This has given me a lot more confidence and hopefully I’ll be able to post where I say I succeeded! 😁
Maybe try smiling at him for a few days and then it might feel a bit less awkward a for you
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much! This has actually helped tons. This has given me a lot more confidence and hopefully I’ll be able to post where I say I succeeded! 😁

Glad it helped.
Let us know how you get on.
Original post by Izzayyyy
Maybe try smiling at him for a few days and then it might feel a bit less awkward a for you

do you have advice as to what I could potentially say to him or how I could approach him first?
Original post by Adz2042
Glad it helped.
Let us know how you get on.

will do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending