The Student Room Group

Can I have some advice please?

Before I get into it I just want to say in no way shape or form am I trying to self-diagnose myself and I disagree with those who do so.

So pretty much I do not know what it is but I feel empty/lonely most of the time. I do not speak to many people mainly because I am too scared to. I don't know what it is but I constantly feel judged all the time in school and quite often feel quite worthless.

People ask me if I am autistic because of this which I ain't it's just I'm quite scared to talk to others. I don't know what to do because I don't know what the cause is. I am also very insecure about nearly everything about me and avoid as much exposure to people as possible.

I have tried advice like join a club or that but they don't seem to work for me and so one said to see a doctor but I was too scared to. I don't really have someone to open up to as they probably will not take it seriously and I even struggle to talk to my family.

I don't know what I can do and I need the advice I can get simply because I have GCSE's in a few months and it has seemed to downgrade my performance over the few years. Please, can someone and me please?

And as I said I am not self-diagnosing myself so please don't take it like I am trying to claim I am stuff that I am not
I have autism, anxiety and depression. So I guess I'm trying to say I kind of trying to say that I kind of know what I'm talking about here. I think that you have pretty bad social anxiety, and by what you've said, it's worse than mine. For me, it's much easier to make friends online. You don't have to look at them, it's understandable if you don't message back to quickly, giving you time to think about what you type. I would suggest going on some form of social media, making up a new username, so if something goes wrong, you can wipe that username, create a new one and try again.
Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest