The Student Room Group

A teacher called me mentally unstable, what should I do?

I was mumbling a song (in a low voice) in the class while taking out my books from my bag and I didn’t realise that the teacher was standing right next to me, as soon as I saw anger on her face and I apologised to her immediately, and she starts asking me that if I’m mentally challenged or not and started calling me abnormal and told me not to sit around my friends because she thinks I’m abnormal and would spoil my (mentally fine) friends and shouted me to go and sit at the far corner of my class away from everyone. I decided to complain about this matter to my class teacher, she took me to the head mistress to let her know about this situation, as I was explaining her what exactly happened then she told me that she will talk to the teacher about it. But it’s been 2 days and I really don’t see any change in that teacher’s behaviour. Is there anything else I can do so that some sort of action is taken against this teacher?
Original post by pythonxb
I was mumbling a song (in a low voice) in the class while taking out my books from my bag and I didn’t realise that the teacher was standing right next to me, as soon as I saw anger on her face and I apologised to her immediately, and she starts asking me that if I’m mentally challenged or not and started calling me abnormal and told me not to sit around my friends because she thinks I’m abnormal and would spoil my (mentally fine) friends and shouted me to go and sit at the far corner of my class away from everyone. I decided to complain about this matter to my class teacher, she took me to the head mistress to let her know about this situation, as I was explaining her what exactly happened then she told me that she will talk to the teacher about it. But it’s been 2 days and I really don’t see any change in that teacher’s behaviour. Is there anything else I can do so that some sort of action is taken against this teacher?

When you say you dont see any change, then do you mean they are still calling you mentally unstable or have they stopped?

Talk to the teacher and ask what was done. Complain again if they persist.

Get your parents involved and make an official complaint.

Keep a record of things the teacher does wrong.

If they have stopped, then I wouldnt worry. If they havent then make a complaint again.
Reply 2
she has stopped but still makes reference to that incident over and over again to the whole class
Original post by pythonxb
she has stopped but still makes reference to that incident over and over again to the whole class

If you are unhappy then talk to teacher who took up your complaint originally or talk to parents and then complain to head.
Depending on what lesson it is you could ask to move class. Tell your parents about it get them to keep a record of it. Make sure they complain more then once until your school sorts this issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending