Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salostar)
    Lowest mark for an essay was 59% in my first year (still passed the module with a mid 60 thou thanks to the exam!), while my lowest module mark was a 60 in my second year (the module had the highest failure rate of any in my year group).
    You know the lecturers f’ed up when everyone’s failing/doing bad, makes you feel a bit better about yourself 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily048)
    You know the lecturers f’ed up when everyone’s failing/doing bad, makes you feel a bit better about yourself 😂
    Possibly, it was a Research Methods module to prepare us our our dissertation in third year. Quite a bit different to the rest of our modules and a fair number of people left it to the last minute due to the "difficulty" of the assignment (one person I know started it the day before the deadline). The only reason I didn't get higher was because I messed up one section that negatively affected my methodology and analysis.

ReputationRep:
    Lowest grade on my undergrad was a borderline third for one module in second year.
    I got a 2:1 overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmaire80)
    Lowest grade on my undergrad was a borderline third for one module in second year.
    I got a 2:1 overall.
    How well did you do across all the other modules In second year, as in what did you eventually come out with?
    FairPlay did bringing your grade up! Was it difficult to or was it even 2:1s across the board?

40% in a first year coursework as of right now GG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmt)
    40% in a first year coursework as of right now GG
    Don’t worry - id say it’s pretty average to get a low grade at some point in first year because you’re just getting used to things. As long as you learn from mistakes and bring it up across the other modules you’ll be fine! Plus first year rarely counts towards your degree

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, it was a Research Methods module to prepare us our our dissertation in third year. Quite a bit different to the rest of our modules and a fair number of people left it to the last minute due to the "difficulty" of the assignment (one person I know started it the day before the deadline). The only reason I didn't get higher was because I messed up one section that negatively affected my methodology and analysis.
    I never knew they could prep people that early for dissertations, but to grade people on it seems unfair! I didn’t start prep till the middle of the summer before third year

Don’t worry - id say it’s pretty average to get a low grade at some point in first year because you’re just getting used to things. As long as you learn from mistakes and bring it up across the other modules you’ll be fine! Plus first year rarely counts towards your degree
    Lol it doesn't bother me at all, I had to do all of the coursework by myself, had an on contributing lab partner, and it's only worth 25% overall, I'm just really happy I didn't have to retake it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmt)
    Lol it doesn't bother me at all, I had to do all of the coursework by myself, had an on contributing lab partner, and it's only worth 25% overall, I'm just really happy I didn't have to retake it.
    Fair play to you! Wish I was that carefree haha

ReputationRep:
    How well did you do across all the other modules In second year, as in what did you eventually come out with?
    FairPlay did bringing your grade up! Was it difficult to or was it even 2:1s across the board?
    It was just one module that I struggled really badly on. It was a horrible module and I know I wasn’t alone in getting terrible marks! I had straight 2:1’s across my other module in year 2, and in year 3 I had straight 2:1’s in one module and a borderline first in the other hence I ended up with a middle 2:1.
    I studied with the Open University and did 2 60-credit modules in both years 2 and 3.

Fair play to you! Wish I was that carefree haha
    What do you mean by carefree 👀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmt)
    What do you mean by carefree 👀
    You just said it didn’t bother you getting a low grade, it would have certainly stressed me out lol

ReputationRep:
    I think I got a 52 in a metaphysics essay in my first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I think I got a 52 in a metaphysics essay in my first year.
    That’s not too bad - low 2:2 I think? I feel like everyone experienced that moment of seeing a 2:2 in first year and thinking now they’ve gotta try harder haha, I certainly did!

ReputationRep:
    That’s not too bad - low 2:2 I think? I feel like everyone experienced that moment of seeing a 2:2 in first year and thinking now they’ve gotta try harder haha, I certainly did!
    Yeah I wasn't that arsed, it was the only 2:2 I ever got and I bumped it up come the exam anyway. It was because I tried to be a smart arse in the essay and write about something the lecturer didn't know about. Didn't work!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A 1st (scraped) in a 10 credit pure maths exam, but I've only been here one and a half semesters. I got 91/130 all together, so there was no scaling up or down.

ReputationRep:
    59% on a history exam in first year, luckily it doesn't count towards my degree classification BUT it is awful to look at on my transcript

You just said it didn’t bother you getting a low grade, it would have certainly stressed me out lol
    I mean it definitely would have if the project was worth more/air was solo, but it is what it is.

ReputationRep:

Those modules are always the hardest! But are also completely possible to improve on.

My lowest grade was 31 for a data handling exam in first year The questions were really random so I ended up just guessing. Plus some were negatively marked. I still passed the module thanks to the coursework. I had an arguably harder exam building on this module in second year. I worked harder and got 69 in that one. If I had more time I'm sure I would have been able to get one more mark!

The lowest mark I've ever got in an assignment is 50, also in first year. I basically did it wrong! Luckily I've never got a third or below in coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionQuest)
    Those modules are always the hardest! But are also completely possible to improve on.

My lowest grade was 31 for a data handling exam in first year The questions were really random so I ended up just guessing. Plus some were negatively marked. I still passed the module thanks to the coursework. I had an arguably harder exam building on this module in second year. I worked harder and got 69 in that one. If I had more time I'm sure I would have been able to get one more mark!

The lowest mark I've ever got in an assignment is 50, also in first year. I basically did it wrong! Luckily I've never got a third or below in coursework.
    People are worrying me now the way they’re talking about transcripts and stuff, I got a third in first year piece of coursework (I just mistook the question completely) but it was first year in a 20 credit module - my first year doesn’t count towards my degree but then again most peoples don’t. Is it really that awful? I still got a mid/high 2:1 in second year and didn’t get anything lower than a high 2:2 in second year either?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.