Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I regularly see a volunteer youth worker whom I have known for several months. Would he be able to sign my provisional driving licence? Unsure as he is a volunteer...

(Original post by leelee3431)
    I regularly see a volunteer youth worker whom I have known for several months. Would he be able to sign my provisional driving licence? Unsure as he is a volunteer...
    I would say yes.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Volunteer is not listed on the government website. The DVLA will contact the person signing the licence. To be sure, you need to check with the DVLA first otherwise there may be a delay in receiving your licence:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/...d-applications

https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Cars and motoring.

Also tagging IWMTom, as he's far more knowledgable about the DVLA applications than me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The job that they do is irrelevant for a driving licence application - it's not as strict as a passport application, where the counter-signatory must be of a certain profession. uberteknik has linked the Government guidance, but for reference, your counter-signatory must:
    • hold a valid GB photocard driving licence
    • be resident in the UK
    • know you personally
    • not be a relative
    • not be living at the same address as you

The professions you see listed are only examples of people you can use.

(Original post by uberteknik)
    The DVLA will contact the person signing the licence.
    Very rarely.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, it's just like a kind of reference really.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.