The Student Room Group

Provisional Driving Licence

I regularly see a volunteer youth worker whom I have known for several months. Would he be able to sign my provisional driving licence? Unsure as he is a volunteer...
Original post by leelee3431
I regularly see a volunteer youth worker whom I have known for several months. Would he be able to sign my provisional driving licence? Unsure as he is a volunteer...

I would say yes.

Volunteer is not listed on the government website. The DVLA will contact the person signing the licence. To be sure, you need to check with the DVLA first otherwise there may be a delay in receiving your licence:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/y/driving-licences-and-applications

https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Cars and motoring.

Also tagging @IWMTom, as he's far more knowledgable about the DVLA applications than me. :smile:
Reply 4

The job that they do is irrelevant for a driving licence application - it's not as strict as a passport application, where the counter-signatory must be of a certain profession. @uberteknik has linked the Government guidance, but for reference, your counter-signatory must:

hold a valid GB photocard driving licence

be resident in the UK

know you personally

not be a relative

not be living at the same address as you

The professions you see listed are only examples of people you can use.

Original post by uberteknik
The DVLA will contact the person signing the licence.

Very rarely.
Yea, it's just like a kind of reference really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending