The Student Room Group

Is she playing with my feelings?? 😣

Heya guys kinda in a sticky situation haha and need advice! So I've been talking to this girl for a week and she was the first to flirt and everything, for example she said she liked me alot and that I make her world the best, and put lovehearts and xxxxxx first and got more and more flirty as the week went on and said how I am the most gorgoues and amazing boy shes met but when I started flirting more and saying how beutifill she is and everything, she started backing off and said she had a heartbreaking experience with her past by and ended in her being depressed and said she doesn't know if she can trust guys again, which I understand but if that's the case...wjy flirt with me and everything :frown: ?? This happened 2 days ago and ever since that it's like she's pretending the past week didn't exist and now only does 1 x and no hearts and doesn't seem as involved in texting??? I'm so confused :frown: and I will not leave her and make her suffer, I will help her but why is she suddenly acting so differently :frown:??
Thanks everyone 😊
She realised you're a sap.
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
She realised you're a sap.

What is a "sap" ???
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What is a "sap" ???

A sappy person. Cringey or cheesey are descriptors.
Reply 4
[QUOTE="7;76455202" Bio="Bio"]A sappy person. Cringey or cheesey are descriptors.[/QUOTE
]

Oh alright Haha :smile:
Best thing is be upfront and ask her if she reallys want to carry on speaking or nah. Some girls dont know how to just tell you theyre not interested without be prompted, and can feel bad.
Reply 6
Original post by Outtagum20021
Best thing is be upfront and ask her if she reallys want to carry on speaking or nah. Some girls dont know how to just tell you theyre not interested without be prompted, and can feel bad.

Okie dokie thankyou for your advice, I appreciate it!
She sounds young and kind of immature, if she's acting like that most likely she just doesn't know what she wants. Just ask her if she wants to continue talking with you so you don't waste your time either. It better to be upfront with things :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Okie dokie thankyou for your advice, I appreciate it!

THAT language ‘okie dokie’ is what put her off. How old are you to be speaking like that? 7?
Reply 9
maybe she likes the idea of a relationship but when feelings are reciprocated and it acc starts becoming likely... it gets a lot more daunting. she probably is into you, but genuinely scared of a relationship bc trust issues n all that
Reply 10
She most likely lost interest for one reason or another. I wouldn't keep flirting with her as it might push her away even further.
(edited 6 years ago)
Take this as a painful lesson going forward, people's feelings are fickle and can change.

In particular when you realationship's highlight was sending xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Learn not to get your hopes up going forward unless she is wearing a ring
Don't tell her you will not leave her. She's not stupid. She knows that statistically speaking, very few teenaged lovers are still together 50 years later.

Tell her that chances are, you and her won't be together forever, regardless of how good your intentions are at this stage. But that you promise to make your time together as special as it can be by doing x, y and z with her (make them all great things from her point of view and preferably things that will appear to be unique to you).

One way of thinking of this is that it's like a car sales job. Except instead of selling cars, you're selling yourself. Right now you have the sales objection of "I can't trust guys now." You need to come up with a way to overcome this objection. You don't do that by arguing with the customer and telling them that their objection is stupid or silly. You overcome it by agreeing with their objection and then presenting something that short-circuits their brain.

Check out some Steve Richards videos. Look at how he handles objections. You won't get a sale 100% of the time. But you will get more sales than by arguing with the customer.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jsteverichards/videos

Edit: this video shows him handling objections. With a bit of imagination, there's so much in this that could be used in selling yourself to this special young woman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1evjf4yAI
(edited 6 years ago)
I know who you're talking about I think. She sounds very desperate and hungry for attention. Perhaps quite lonely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending