The Student Room Group
Reply 1
burninginme
I've applied to do ethier BTEC National Diploma IT Practitioners, or Media. But recently, I've been thinking I'd also like to do a Nursing degree. The obvious BTEC to do this is Health Studies, but would I be prevented from doing so with a BTEC in other subjects?

Thanks

Yes i think u would find it quite difficult. Why should a media student steal a place from someone whos done a Health Studies diploma? Make sure you get loads of work experiance to justify your options.
burninginme
I've applied to do ethier BTEC National Diploma IT Practitioners, or Media. But recently, I've been thinking I'd also like to do a Nursing degree. The obvious BTEC to do this is Health Studies, but would I be prevented from doing so with a BTEC in other subjects?

Thanks

Depends. I did a BTEC National diploma in photography, and Im now studying BSc Psychology.

If you did a nursing degree at somewhere like South Bank I doubt it would matter, as long as you have the entry requirements (ie points), but dont set your heart on higher up unis thats all.
burninginme

Thanks

If you want to keep your options open, you are better off studying A levels. If a nursing degree is what you want to do, I can't see any point in doing a BTEC in IT?

Latest

Trending

Trending